Recently, my husband was texted by a friend.
It read:
Received an email from you last night that would lead me to believe you have a virus on one of your computers.
I'm not sure how that all works, but apparently a virus can get a hold of one's email contacts and send something on it's own - to ALL of them. (?) As I write that, it still makes no sense to me, but it takes a computer whiz to understand and recognize these things. (??)
Yep, that's what it takes because the next day, this problem was confirmed when my husband got a reply from the computer whiz next door.
He wrote:
"Maybe your computer has a virus?"
It was in this reply, Matt was able to see just exactly WHAT email the virus had sent out to all our contacts.
Guess what it was?
It was an advertisement of sorts [invitation] for VIAGRA and other related pills.
Then Matt's inbox started to fill with replies from others on our contact list who had received this same "virus email."
They read:
"Looks interesting!"
"What is this for?"
"I will investigate these prices. Right now I spend around $___ for _____ and myself. This may help a lot."
"I'm thinking you probably didn't intend to send this email."
"Where does that link go?"
"What the....? Just say no to drugs."
When I heard of this, I was horrified. I asked Matt just WHO was on his contact list who may have received this email.
He informed me that just about the entire world was!
Well, not quite.
But, just about our entire local church congregation is! (amongst others)
My husband has had the calling of the president of our church men's organization for the last 3 yrs., 8 months (but I'm not counting), so he frequently corresponds with them by email.
My mind started to think of all the different possible recipients of this email.
There was Brother and Sister Perfect. And Brother Conservative. And Sister Serious. And we can't forget Brother Private-about-Personal-Matters. And, of course, Sister Straight-Laced was on that list.
And, with my [bad] luck, the Leaders of our Ward were also included.
{Gasp!}
{Double Gasp!}
"What are THEY going to THINK?" I half-wailed, half-choked out.
"They'll think it's time to get a new president, I suppose." he informed me.
"THIS just might be what it takes to get released." we joked.
One's length of church service is somewhat of a mystery, but it's common to be in the same calling for 2 - 3 years. And he's exceeded that, so maybe his release will look like a natural, traditional circumstance, which means he has simply served his time and it is somebody else's turn, instead of being related to the VIAGRA scandal! i.e. "kicked out"
{Whew!}
Except our whole church got the email - and already knows!
{Woops.}
1 week ago


6 comments:
That was hilarious! I was laughing and reading this to Danny and he informed me that one of the replies was from him. :) I don't know about everyone else, but we knew right away that it was spam. I think it will take a bit more to get Matt "kicked out." ;)
I guess I'm dense. I got the same email from a friend of mine and I thought she was trying to be funny. lol ... needless to say, I spent the next day running computer scans. Grrrrrrr
How come I didn't get an email from Matt about Viagra? Guess I'm not in his address book, I feel a little bad about that. :)
Way to go Brenchleys!!!! Matt's a bit young though isn't he (for Viagra use)? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
And no - I don't think this will get him released......
Hee hee- that's really funny! I wish I had a funny quirp to insert here- but it would just sound sick and wrong so...
Post a Comment