{Name that PBS TV show}
(Arthur)
(So. Good.)
But, I digress.
But, I am pretty well-known at the library - like they see me walk in and they turn and get my books off the "holds" shelf before I even arrive at the check out counter, without me even giving them my library card!
But, back to what I've REALLY been thinking about......
WHY IS IT that I read three (3) - YES THREE - books on my week long vacation last month.........
..........and I haven't even been able to finish a single one during the several weeks since I've been home?
This is the book I've been on the whole time. It's not even a difficult, frustrating, deep book.
(I prefer the "easy reads")
It's a story about a girl who goes on a trip to England to explore the areas
where her recently deceased mom's favorite authors lived.
Like Jane Austen and the author of Frankenstein.
(Turns out, the girl's named after these female authors)
I haven't ever read any of those authors' works.
Who has?
{Wait...everyone BUT me?!? Haha.}
See, what I mean - I don't want to THINK too hard when I read, just be entertained.
It's not even that thick - LOOK!
But, I've only gotten as far as pg. 119.
119 pages in 24 days.
Wow. Impressive. (not!) That's like 5 pgs. a day!
Do I need a new book?
A new life...that let's me read?
A hard, straight chair that won't let me fall asleep while reading?
FYI:
The Three books I read on vacation were:
{See, pretty much no brainer, "fluff", escape books}


No comments:
Post a Comment