Saturday, May 31, 2014

May Madness

About a year ago, when I was talking to a friend, who has kids the same ages as my kids, she brought it to my attention that we would have children in the oldest grade of every school in 2014.
I realized THEN that we were going to have a VERY BUSY MAY!!!  And boy howdy, was our calendar ever cram packed!!

Haylee would graduate from Elementary School!
(Do you like how she "dresses up" for this Special Occasion?  She says it's WHO SHE IS, so I agreed to disagree.)

Kyle would graduate from Jr. High School!

And, I don't know how this is possible......
.....but somehow he donned this cap & gown......
....because it was time for my own son, Ryan, to graduate from High School!

Wasn't I just in that situation myself?!?
REALLY.  I can't be this old!!!


But, before we could even get to all these graduation ceremonies, our May was also filled to the brim with other things:
 Katelyn's final school choir concert

Brookelle's End-of-Kindergarten program
{Spot the yellow pants?}

Haylee (& the 6th grade) also had:
D.A.R.E. graduation
3 Field Trips
End of Level testing
Medieval Feast 
Greek Olympics
Swimming Pool party
6th Grade vs. Teachers Basketball game
Field Day

Kyle also had:
2 A.P. Exams (Human Geography & Environmental Science)
Field Trip to City Creek Center (to "study" urban life!)
9th Grade Honors Recognition Ceremony
9th Grade Dance
9th Grade Lagoon Day

Ryan had:
A.P. Exam (U.S. Government)
Baccalaureate Services
Seminary Graduation
Senior Picture
Senior Scholarship Awards Ceremony
Spring Fling
Graduation orientation/rehearsal
End-of-High-School stomp
 the "Looking Back" assembly which he M.C.'d
(these 4 students, Parker, Ryan, Sierra, & Amanda, M.C.'d together and had many, many rehearsals & filming sessions)
All Night graduation party 
(that Matt & I served at - then Matt went to work the next day and I threw a birthday party for Brookelle!  Can you say, "Bleary Eyed" or "Crazy"?)

{I was doing A LOT of praying for these kiddos this month - especially on test days!}

AND we get to do this again in THREE years when Kyle is a senior, Haylee a 9th grader, & Katelyn a 6th grader.
THEN we get to do it again in SIX years when Haylee is a senior, Katelyn is a 9th grader, & Brookelle is a 6th grader.

After that, we'll only have 2 or 1 graduations in the same year -- unless there's some college ones that happen to fall in 2023 or 2026.

THIS is an amazing time of our life.....but can I nap in June now?  ;)

1 comment:

momandpop said...

Happy we were at Ryan's graduation (and me at Brookelle's) but sad we missed all the others. We need to keep more informed.