Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Not to be Confused as White Elephant Gifts

The missionary care package I did for April was WHITE.

{the contents}

Ya....I over-estimated what would fit in a box - I just kept putting all the white things 
I saw at the store into my shopping cart.
And then, when it didn't all fit, some of my kids called, "dibs" on some of the overflow,
but I did have to return some of the stuff to the store.
Did you know that Target just throws away any food item that is returned?
(Because they think I might have poisoned it, EVEN IF IT IS UNOPENED/UNUSED, so they don't want to sell it to someone else.)
At the Returns counter, the "Customer Service" employee 
(I'm using that title very loosely because I think she *forgot* she works in Customer SERVICE when she was "helping" me) 
made sure to SIGH audibly (many times) as she processed my returns, 
and gave me a discourse about the "fate" of the returned food items, 
sneaking in a comment that some people just donate it without asking for their money back.
(I don't think the Customer Service department is a "good fit" for her, what about you?!)

*End of sidetrack*
On with the care package....
{the packed and ready-to-ship box}

The four white flaps say:
"For behold the [WVCH mission] field is WHITE already to harvest..."  D&C 4:4
"You are the 'great WHITE hope' of the WVCH mission!"  :)
"...though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as WHITE as snow..."  Isaiah 1:18  (a great scripture to share with your peeps!)
"Make sure to give "WHITE glove service" to each person you meet!"

*******************
To see past missionary care packages, click HERE

No comments: