Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Back in Black

The missionary care package I did for June was BLACK.
{the contents}

When I was thinking about what catchy phrases or advise I could use that contained the word, "black" in them,
I realized that most of them would be inappropriate and unencouraging for a missionary.  ;)
For instance, there's: 
"black as the devil"
"black eye"
"black list"
"black sheep"
"black mark"
"black out"
"black magic"
"black and blue"
"black day"
"The Black Knight"
"blackmail"

See what I mean?...I didn't have much positive stuff to work with - so I had to do more thinking!
Here's what I came up with.

{the packed and ready-to-ship box}

The four black flaps say:
"We {heart} our 'Men in BLACK'" 
"White shirts and ties are 'The new BLACK!'"
"Our hero wear a BLACK name tag!"
"P.S. Keep your bank account 'in the black.'"  :)
That last one was kinda a stretch - I've heard rumors that sometimes these young Elders have trouble making their money last the whole month long, so I was just throwing in some counsel - he might not even know what the heck that idiom means, though!  ;)  haha.

********************************
To see past missionary care packages, click HERE.

No comments: