Thursday, October 7, 2010

Let It Be Known

My boy has now passed me up in height!

It's definitely one of his prouder moments!

And it's not just his spiked hair, we made him flatten it down and take another "official measurement" - and he's still taller than I am! See???
And there's no "lift' in his socks, so it's safe to say he's got me fair and square. Which really doesn't say too much since I'm a very non-impressive 5 foot 3 is all! :)
The funny thing is, ever since he was a little boy, he'd look at other boys who were taller than their moms and he'd always ask me when he'd be taller than me.

I always told him it would be when he was 14 years old. (Which he always groaned at - he'd hoped for at least a year or 2 earlier....Remember this?)

And, what d'ya know? That's how old he is! He reached the milestone at 14 yrs. 7 months to be exact.

How's that for a prediction? See....MOTHER [really does] KNOWS BEST!

Now, as far as ever getting taller than his dad? Sadly, he may never see that day. I'm afraid I ruined the height genes for our family by negating all of Matt's tallness! :(

Ryan, it may be sad, but true that when you were born, at 23 inches, that is the last time you will be in the top percentage for height!

2 comments:

momandpop said...

Way to go, Ryan! I remember when each of our boys passed me up (and Michelle, too). It happens before you know it.

Tracy Beckett said...

Hang on for the ride, Suzanne! If he's passed you in height, before you know it, he'll be driving, going on his first date, and then leaving on his mission...Yipes! Cute pictures of you two!