
From Dieter F. Uchdorf: (quoted from a bumper sticker that he saw) "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."
Also:

From Russell M. Nelson: (on the subject of the Big Bang Theory) "Ask yourself, Could an explosion in a printing shop produce a dictionary? The likelihood is most remote. But if so, it could never heal it's own torn pages or reproduce it's own newer editions."
Also: "God is the same yesterday, today and forever. BUT, we are not. Each day, ours is the challenge to access the power of the atonement, so WE CAN TRULY CHANGE; become more Christ-like and qualify for the gift of exaltation."
From Ronald A. Rasband: "If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if he needs help? OR would it be better to just jump in and save him from the deepening waters? The offer, while well-meaning and often given, 'Let me know if I can help,' is really no help at all."
From President Thomas S. Monson: (after telling a childhood pastime of his - carving toy boats from the softwood of a willow tree to race down the Provo river, he described how these boats that had no keel for stability, no rutter for direction, and no source of power, so inevitably their destination was downstream; the path of least resistance.) "Unlike toy boats, we have been provided divine attributes to guide our journey. We enter mortality not to float with moving currents of life, but with a POWER to think, to reason, and to achieve. Our Heavenly Father did not launch us on our eternal voyage without providing the means whereby we could receive from Him guidance to ensure our safe return. I speak of prayer. I speak, too, of the whisperings from that Still Small Voice, and I do not overlook the holy scriptures which contain the word of the Lord and the words of the prophets provided to us to help us successfully cross the finish line."
From L. Tom Perry: (retelling an event in one of his friends, Scott's, life. He explained that Scott has some difficult challenges, but he is extraordinary in his boldness. This conversation was overheard on an airplane flight Scott had with the person sitting next to him.)
Scott: "Where do you live?"
Neighbor: "In Las Vegas."
Scott: "We have a temple there. Do you know where the Mormon temple is?"
Neighbor: "Yes. It's a beautiful building."
Scott: "Are you a Mormon?"
Neighbor: "No"
Scott: "Well, you should be. It's a great religion!" "Have you read the Book of Mormon?"
Neighbor: "No."
Scott: "Well, you should. It's a great book!"
From M. Russell Ballard: "According to the scriptures, the Liahona was a round ball of curious workmanship featuring two spindles; one of which pointed the way in which Father Lehi's family should go into the wilderness. I think I know why Lehi was greatly astonished when he first saw it because I remember my reaction when I first saw and witnessed a GPS unit. In my mind, it was a modern-day devise of curious workmanship.......For both my wife, Barbara, and me, the GPS is a blessing. For Barbara, it means she doesn't have to tell me to stop and ask for directions. And for me, it means I can be right when I say I don't need to ask anyone - I know exactly where I am......We have available to us, a tool even more remarkable than the best GPS. Everyone loses their way, at some point, to some degree. It's through the promptings of the Holy Ghost that we can be brought safely back onto the right path."
Also: "It is our homes and families that need reforming in this increasingly materialistic and secular world."
From Larry Y Wilson: (telling a story about a road trip he and his wife took in their newlywed days when his wife was driving.)
"I said, You're going too fast. Slow down.
She replied, What gives you the right to tell me how to drive?
Frankly, her question caught me off guard. So, doing my best to step up to my new responsibilities as a married man, I said, I don't know....because I'm your husband....and....I hold the Priesthood. (cringe)
Brethren, Just a quick tip....If you are ever in a similar situation, THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT RESPONSE!....And I'm happy to report; that was the one and only time I made that mistake."
I like to listen to the talks on www.lds.org in the coming weeks while I'm working in the kitchen or at my desk, too, so I have that to look forward to.
And my boys (Matt, Ryan, & Kyle) gave me a full report about the great messages from Priesthood Session on Saturday night, as well, when I met them for our traditional dinner out afterwards.
And we ate these delicious glazed doughnut muffins during Sunday morning session.
It was a WONDERFUL weekend.....heading right into Spring Break this week.....
LIFE IS GOOD!


No comments:
Post a Comment