So, I'll keep working on that.
BUT, for March......I'm adding: getting my GREENS. And oranges. And reds. And purples. And yellows.
5-A-DAY is my goal.
So I've been getting that bag of baby carrots and that bowl of pomegranate arils out on the counter when I'm working in the kitchen.....because whatever is out; whether it be m & m's or ready-to-eat produce, I will snack on it - without even hardly noticing.
And to kick things off, I signed up for my "Bountiful Basket" last Saturday, and I've got another one coming this Saturday. Have you heard of this? It's a food co-op; Equal parts fruits & vegetables, all for just $15.00. That's way less than what I would spend at the store if I bought all the same things.
My kids were especially "happy" about this change I'm going through, too, because I served TWO different vegetable dishes for dinner on Sunday. AND imagine their SHOCK (panic attack?) when they saw the menu for Monday:
This is what Butternut Squash Soup REALLY looks like:
This is what the kids saw:
Katelyn was bravest and was the first to try....and when she put the spoon in her mouth.....she exclaimed, "YUM!" See? Just try things.
They really squawked at the toasted pumpkin seeds I provided to garnish the top with, also! BUT then they tried them.....and they are GOOD - like sunflower seeds! (I think I'll go have some now, they're sounding good!)
I'll change my kids one Butternut Squash soup dinner at a time!
Except, recently, for after-school-snack, I had both carrots and Reese's PB cup cookies out on the counter for them.....and they all went straight to the cookies! In fact, Kyle had 5 COOKIES in a row - in the 15 min. time period between when he got home from school and before he left for piano lessons - leaving just ONE each for the rest of the family, but somehow none were remaining for Matt when he got home. :-(
They like my smoothies, though, and I hide lots of different servings in those!
Now y'all don't want to come over for dinner anymore, huh?!? :)





1 comment:
AWESOME. I want some soup!!!!!! (my kids hate soup, I wish they liked it, your's sounds yummy!)
You should sign up for that skinnyminny thing I just finished. It helped me feel a little more accountable anyway. (oh yea, and I won the $525, so that was nice too) hahaha.
Seriously though, I want to come eat at your house!!!
Post a Comment