Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February "Healthy Lifestyle" New Thing

So, I drank an ocean of water for January and I am pretty good on that habit.....
Time to add something new this month to become healthier:
 
Lifting Weights.

Every article I read and every "educational" program I watch on TV and every other Yahoo! home page news story has something to say about the benefits of adding weights to your exercise routine.

Especially for women of my age.

Who's body parts are starting to S-A-G as gravity fights against them.

Who's bone density is decreasing.

Who's metabolism is S-L-O-W-I-N-G down.

Who have a whole lot of wiggling & jiggling going on when we just do something simple....like sign our name!

So, not only am I "pumpin' the iron" (if you can even call it THAT - I'm starting out with such light hand weights that my son made fun of me!  gasp!)

But, I'm going to be seen wearing these babies around all day long:

So, as I go upstairs and then downstairs and then put in a load of laundry and then drive kids to and fro and twirl around the kitchen doing pirouettes, I'm sneaking in a [tiny] weight lifting workout.  Hey!  Every little bit counts, right.

I remember when I used to work at the bank as a teller, a co-worker of mine wore these behind the teller counter every day for a "hidden" workout.  I thought she was so smart!

Now it's OUT THERE.  So, I am accountable.

Next thing you know, you'll see me on a poster for the "Ms. Olympia" contest!  ;)

No comments: