Friday, August 16, 2013

Not Just Plain 'Ol Playtex Anymore

I had the "remarkable" opportunity (read that in your best sarcastic tone) to go BRA shopping the other day - in a real store.

It had been a while (I did it online at Amazon last time) and things have definitely changed.

There were racks and racks (no pun intended!) of brands, colors and varieties to choose from!

So, of course, the manufacturers MUST be feeling the pressure to stand out and catch the consumer's (me) attention - anything that will cause me to pick theirs above another.

And, catch my attention, they DID!  The marketing slogans or catch phrases they used on the labels/tags were quite amusing.

I may or may not have laughed OUT LOUD right there in the middle of the lingerie department!

Here's the top finalists:

  • Gimme a boost
  • Add-a-tude  (on a padded bra)
  • We've got you covered
  • We have your back
  • Smooth Operators
  • This is NOT a bra
  • Prepare to stop traffic
  • The secret's inside
  • A secret makeover
  • Give "the girls" a little lift
  • Put "the girls" back where they belong
And my personal FAVORITE:
  • Headlights are for cars

And after trying on 10+ bras, I found ONE to buy.  {sigh}

No comments: