Friday, September 20, 2013

Even At My Age...

I STILL don't understand teenage boys!

I sure didn't when I was a teenager, myself, but I thought it might come as I "matured."
Nope.

CASE IN POINT:

Just yesterday, Ryan wanted to go to the High School girls' soccer game, but I told him he had to fold the newspapers (from the boys' paper route) FIRST.
Well.....he'd kind of already made the plans, including getting a ride, BEFORE he had asked permission from me.
So, his ride was already on his way at this point, estimated to be at our home in 2 minutes by the time he'd asked if he could go....but I still told him he had to do his job first.
Pretty soon, we hear a honk out in front of our house, signaling his ride is here, BUT he's not done with his little "job" so he can't leave, yet.

So, you know what he does?  

He tells Miss B (his 5 yr old little sister) to go out there and tell his friend he is "on the potty."
{But, of course, she is too embarrassed and won't do it}

I told him to just text his friend that he has to do a job and then he'll be out shortly.
He says, "No."

After making his friend wait a while longer, his friend calls to see where the heck he is....
And Ryan, instead of taking my advise on what to say, tells him, "Just a sec, I'm just finishing up some business in the bathroom, OK?"

Now WHY IN THE WORLD would you (anyone?) rather want your peeps to know, or think....or get the visual of you pooping on the toilet, and taking a long time doing it, instead of them just knowing what you are REALLY doing (a household chore)?

Seriously.

I'm just left shaking my head.  I can't make any sense out of it.

********
And you can probably only imagine where I got with my only-kiss-a-girl-if-it-means-something-not-just-for-fun lecture discussion I tried to have with him recently, too.  I vowed to teach my sons this concept, but he couldn't comprehend the logic in it.

No comments: