Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Good Morning, Sunshine!

The missionary care package I did for May was YELLOW.
Which translates into SUNSHINE for me.

{the contents}

Note: this was all divided (unequally, with Ryan getting more than the others) to make up
"Sunshine Boxes" for a couple of my daughter's teachers at school for an 
end-of-school-year gift. (my favorite gift idea lately)

{the packed and ready-to-ship box}

The four yellow flaps say:
"Sending you a little box of SUNSHINE to brighten your day as you are brightening ours!!"
"Here comes the SUN.... (A.K.A. Elder Brenchley) ....and I say, 'it's all right.'"
"A dark world aches for a splash of the SUN." (meaning "The Son")
"Always look on the SUNNY side of Life!" (& your mission)


When I had barely sent Ryan off on his mission, another Missionary Mom came to visit and shared with me how she sends her son a package every month because it's the closest thing she can do to giving him a hug.  Her "wisdom" made an impression on me.  I do agree with her - it's a way for me to send my love and hugs.
This was confirmed in my Mother's Day card I got from Ryan with this P.S. at the end of it, "I know you love me, Mom.  If you didn't, you wouldn't send me monthly packages and weekly LONG emails!  Best Missionary Mom Ever!"
(He's learning so much on his mission!)  ;)

**********************************
To see past missionary care packages, click HERE

No comments: