Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Justified!

I discovered Pinterest about a year and a half ago.  (Thanks Jill!) 

When I tried to explain what Pinterest was to my 70 yr. old mom, it blew her away, but it's really a similar concept to what's been around for a while...in her day, in fact.  When she understood what it was, she replied,  "OH, so this just takes the place of what I used to do when I ripped out magazine pages I liked and filed them away in my "Idea Folders" all those years!"
YES!!....except more high-tech....and less clutter-y....and easier to find all in one spot!

And now I have over 2,000 Pins.

WHAT?!?

How much time did THAT take?!?

Early on, I actually had to change my settings because I would get so many emails whenever someone liked or re-pinned one of my pins, and then I would go and check THEM out....and before I knew it, I'd been sitting at the computer for an hour! 
So, NO MORE of that for me.

With so many pins, do you think I'm ever going to get around to doing all (any?) of it?

Well, I have!  And I'll prove it to you.....
 


Exhibit #1:  "A Box (basket) Full of Sunshine"

It just so happened that my daughter's teacher's favorite color is YELLOW.
So, I thought this would be so fun! 
Dollar Tree had this yellow basket all ready to go for me!  ;)

I didn't end up using the same products that were shown in my pin, but once I got going,
it was super easy to find so many yellow things at the store,
in my pantry, and in my "emergency stash" at home.  ;)

Finished product.
My other daughter was really upset that her teacher's favorite color
was PURPLE and this didn't work out for her to do it, too!


Exhibit #2:  The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party

I REALLY persuaded my daughter, Brookelle, to go this direction (forget the Princesses!)
for her 4 yr. old b-day party just because of the pins I had collected on this!
The invitation.

The decorations.

Reading THE BOOK.
{nice MOUTH action shot!}

The FOOD.  (everything the caterpillar ate from the book!)


Exhibit #3:  Favors for my Young Women at church

It's an excuse to go visit them all at their homes!
And teenagers love pop, right?

 {7*UP} lifting ways to start your first week of school


BECOME A "FAN" of GENERAL CONFERENCE
{if you haven't already!}
"Decide now to make General Conference a priority in your life.
Decide to listen carefully and follow the teachings that 
are given.  Listen to or read the talks more than once to
better understand and follow the conusel.  By doing these things,
the gates of hell will not prevail against you, the powers of darkness
will be dispersed from before you, and the heavens will 
shake for your good."
Paul V. Johnson, of the Seventy



And speaking of General Conference.....
Exhibit #4:  General Conference attention-getters

 If you're paying attention to WHO is actually speaking, you get to snack on their treat!  :)



Exhibit #5:  Necklace Storage - "No More Tangles"
I put these hooks in my closet shelf separator thing-y for my necklaces. 



Exhibit #6:  Hawaiian Birthday Party

Now THIS party was completely my 8 yr. old daughter's choice.  (no forcing encouraging like with my youngest)
She'd had the "Luau" theme chosen for over a year, but Pinterest gave me some inspiration.

(I actually didn't follow the pin's cheese ball recipe, just decorated it to look like a pineapple.)



Exhibit #7:  Dinner and Dessert!
Well, I guess I can't really call it an "exhibit" if I didn't take photos of it, huh?


How about I just make a list - with the links:

plus many more.....!

So, I'M TOTALLY JUSTIFIED, RIGHT?!?
;)

FYI: I'm at  http://pinterest.com/suzbaduz/

1 comment:

Jillian said...

So 18/2000. Sounds like you've got some work to do. :)