Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bookworm

It's been a while (11 months!) since I did a little book review/rating over here, so, as promised a couple of posts ago, I thought I'd better update y'all on what I've been reading. Similar to what I did last year.....I'll start with the highest rated books. 
I got these book recommendations from a variety of sources.  There ended up being some good recommendations - and some not-so-good ones.

(If it's 3 stars or lower, don't hold me to the quality of it at all  - I can't be responsible for a sub-par reading experience you may have!)
But, YOU may have different feelings/interests, so you may like the ones I didn't, and vice versa - so that's why I'm putting them all out there.


 5 STARS = it was amazing
LOVED Noelle Pikus-Pace and her example in the 2014 Winter Olympics!

I admit, I'm totally biased on this one....MY FRIEND wrote it!!! As in, she's a published author! Good job, Tera! :)

4 STARS = really liked it
These books go on in the series, with the first number in the address increasing
with each consecutive book; from 1 to 2 to 3, but I haven't gone on past the 2nd one.

Unbeknownst to me before reading this book, it takes place in the same geographical location of my son's mission area!
It even mentioned the town of Beckley which is where he was serving at the time I read this book!
   After reading it, I asked my son, in a letter, if the information/problems depicted were fact or fiction...it was accurate - Oh dear..... 


3 STARS = liked it
Follow the Stars Home by Luanne Rice
Chasing Yesterday by Rachel Ann Nunes
Reunion by Ally Condie
Keeping Kate by Lauren Winder Farnsworth
Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah
Sense & Sensibility: A Latter-Day Tale by Rebecca Jamison
Mountains Between Us by Jenny Proctor
Heart of Gold by Jeannette Miller
What Took You so Long by Pamela Williams
For Elise by Sarah Eden

2 STARS = it was OK 
Diamond Rings are Deadly Things

1 STAR = did not like it 
Luckily, there were NONE this time!!! 

(I should do this every 6 months, so it's fewer books to list!)

Happy Reading!
 

No comments: