1. Here is my son, Ryan.
He is in Jr. High. (I can hear all the inward groans, now!)
One day he wore his baseball shirt, from a team he played on a few years ago, to school.
Here is what the front of the shirt looks like...
WRONG.
Another kid came up to him and asked, "Why are you wearing a shirt that says, 'SEX' on it?"
"Is it because you like sex?"
"And what does that '7' mean on the back?"
"Are you telling us all that's how many times you've had sex?"
Dude, Can you say Chicago White Sox? (Duh!)
2. Ryan tried out for the Jr. High boys basketball team again this year.
And didn't make it. :(
Ryan went up to the coach afterwards and asked,
"Just give it to me straight, Coach, what could I have done?"
The Coach replied, "Well, you need to lose at least 10 pounds!"
2. Ryan tried out for the Jr. High boys basketball team again this year.
And didn't make it. :(
Ryan went up to the coach afterwards and asked,
"Just give it to me straight, Coach, what could I have done?"
The Coach replied, "Well, you need to lose at least 10 pounds!"
Ouch. Double Ouch!
3. Recently, Ryan & I had a meeting with the School Counselor to make his schedule for next year and
map out his track to High School graduation.
To assist in "planting a seed" in Ryan's mind about the importance of Continuing Education,
(and to decide what kind of classes to take in the future) the Counselor asked Ryan what he'd like to be when he grew up.
I could tell that Ryan had something on his mind, but was hesitant to say it.
He mulled around for several seconds and then said "a Pharmacist."
The Counselor wrote it in his "records" and responded quite positively to this, which, I think,
gave Ryan the necessary confidence to reveal more.
And he did.
He said he'd like to be a Professional Athlete.
The Counselor [very noticeably] did NOT write anything down, in fact, her pen stopped, frozen in mid-air,
and then she said, "Let's go for the Pharmacist!"
Way to shatter a boy's dreams!
3. Recently, Ryan & I had a meeting with the School Counselor to make his schedule for next year and
map out his track to High School graduation.
To assist in "planting a seed" in Ryan's mind about the importance of Continuing Education,
(and to decide what kind of classes to take in the future) the Counselor asked Ryan what he'd like to be when he grew up.
I could tell that Ryan had something on his mind, but was hesitant to say it.
He mulled around for several seconds and then said "a Pharmacist."
The Counselor wrote it in his "records" and responded quite positively to this, which, I think,
gave Ryan the necessary confidence to reveal more.
And he did.
He said he'd like to be a Professional Athlete.
The Counselor [very noticeably] did NOT write anything down, in fact, her pen stopped, frozen in mid-air,
and then she said, "Let's go for the Pharmacist!"
Way to shatter a boy's dreams!


2 comments:
Ouch! I think I will just keep my kids home for those 3 years.
Oh how I feel your and Ryan's pain.... I hated those Jr. High years - with each child of mine that has endured them..... 1 more to go...... can hardly wait..... I promise that High School is sooooo much better!!!!! (as far as homework and dealing with teachers goes).
Post a Comment