Friday, April 30, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things - April '10 Edition

Taken from the sidebar...

Matt & I were at a restaurant with Ryan where we had to spend a minimum of $50 in order to use a $25 gift certificate we had, so we ordered drinks, a couple of appetizers, our own meals [off the "adult" menu], add-ons, and dessert. As we were driving away...
Ryan: "Wow! For the first time in my life, I feel like my family is rich!" 4/10

Kyle: "What happens if you eat fat?"
Me: "You get fat."
Katelyn: "If you get fat, you have to have a baby!" 4/10

Haylee's 8th Birthday was coming up, so we were having a discussion about whether 8 yr. olds were considered "Big Kids" or still "Little Kids." (I said it depends on how they act!) But, it got the age groups on her mind....
Haylee: "I know how it goes; Newborn, Infant, Toddler, Little Kid, Big Kid, Teenager, Grown Up, Grandma, Old Person, DEAD!" 4/10

Katelyn knew that Mon & Dad had gone and played soccer...
Katelyn: "Who won?"
Me: "The other team."
Katelyn: (disgusted) "WHAT?!?"
Me: "They were better."
Katelyn; "Mom, you need to practice!" (pause) "From Dad!" 4/10

We have a children's Animal Encyclopedia and Katelyn was looking at the cow page. There were pictures of the different breeds of cattle...
Katelyn: (pointing to a brown Hereford bull) "That one makes chocolate milk!" 4/10
(actually they're used as beef cattle, but I won't burst her bubble.)

Katelyn went to the Dr. for her "Kindergarten check-up" and shots. She complained about going, but I told her that the Dr. had to sign her Kindergarten papers stating she was well enough or else she couldn't go to school. So, she stopped complaining. At the appointment...
Dr: "Do you watch T.V. or play video games?"
Katelyn: (nods her head) "Yes." (quietly)
Dr: (to me) "Do you think she does it too much?"
Me: "We don't have video games, but T.V.? Yes!"
Dr: (looks at Katelyn with a concerned face, then documents her record)
Then the conversation between Dr. & patient goes on to other topics. When the Dr. leaves the room...
Me: "Did you notice that the Dr. asked about watching T.V.?"
Katelyn: (looking sheepish) "Yes, Why did she?"
Me: "She needs to know all about you. Too much T.V. is not healthy!"
Katelyn: "Am I still going to be able to go to Kindergarten or not?" 4/10

No comments: