What would you do?
Scenario: You're given a per diam, in cash, beforehand, by the company to use while on a business trip to cover food, entertainment, transportation, tips, incidentals, etc.
Would you use it all, do whatever suits your fancy, eat wherever/whatever you please, take the "upgrades," enjoying the liberty of "free money."
OR
Would you use it sparingly, still weighing carefully what everything costs so as NOT to blow it all, because whatever cash amount is left over at the end of the trip is YOURS to pocket [back in real life.]
*This is a real life scenario we're in right now. Can you guess which one I would do and which one Matt would do? :)


8 comments:
I say do the middle ground. Don't just blow it but have fun and eat at some fun places, etc.
I am guessing you want the money left over and Matt wants to play. Sounds exactly like Kevin and I, but remember you will never regret playing and enjoying the time you get to spend together:) Plus Kevin makes it fun when I let him have his way, and it makes him happy to be able to let loose and not have it be his dime!
I bet you want to be thrifty and Matt wants to splurge. Right?
Let loose and have fun!
I'd play....and my husband would save! I'd go for the fun while you can. Whatever you do, hope you have a great time!
I wouldn't go crazy, but I wouldn't be frugal either. Vacations are to have fun, but if you have a bit left over that is bonus! If you take it home, you will most likely just spend it on your kids any way. :)
And I know your the one wanting to save! ;)
I would splurge on certain things and save on others I didn't care as much about.
It's funny that everyone says you are the one that wants to save because I would have guessed it the other way around, who's right?
Have fun, enjoy yourself! I say spend the money.
You are the one that wants to save is my guess.
My guess is Matt wants to save some of the money. We used to go on paid-for-trips and one couple we were with was very frugal and saved all they could. Of course, today they are millionaires.
Post a Comment