I discovered Pinterest. Have you?
It has ideas galore that you can SAVE to your own "Pin Board" if you want to file it away for future reference. It solves the problem of having to remember where you saw something that you really wanted to try and you were for sure not going to forget.....but then you did!
Anyway, I came across this "Road Trip Questionnaire" for couples to play together. And since we had a road trip coming up, I printed it off. It took the. whole. entire. drive. from St. George back up to Farmington -- and we still didn't both complete all 50 questions -- because one of us (I'll let you guess which one) has to think....and think.....and think about every answer for no less than three minutes. And these were the answers about themself - shouldn't you be the expert on yourself? Shouldn't you be able to just rattle off your favorite dessert? Dream Vacation? Favorite meal?
I've been together with Matt for 18 years now - I was pretty confident I could get the majority right.
WRONG!
I got 50%.
What?!?
What kind of pathetic wife only half-way knows her husband? I believe 50% would earn my High School and Jr. High School kids an "F" on their report cards.....AND they'd be grounded until they got their grade up!!! Do I deserve to be grounded now? But, then I remembered in my High School Calculus class, my teacher's whole goal was for his students to PASS the A.P. Calculus test at the end of the year. A score of 50% would get you a passing score (a score of 3, with a 5 being the highest), so he gave an "A" in his class to all students who had 50% or higher, because that was good enough to pass the test! So, if I look at it that way, I didn't do so bad, huh?!?
AND, if you consider that my husband got a 32%, then I REALLY didn't do so bad! :) hahaha.
WAIT, should I be laughing now - or crying?!?
Some of the answers weren't completely WRONG, they were just probably in the #2 - #5 range instead of "the most" or "the best" or "the favorite" of that particular subject - and since you could pick ONE answer, we missed a lot.
But, I did not know that my husband's Biggest Fear is The Ocean.
Or that his Favorite Childhood Memory is Listening to Christmas Music.
Or that if he could go ANYWHERE in the world on VACATION, it would be Okinawa, Japan (his mission) (What happened to the Canary Islands?)
Or that he considers his Biggest Achievement to Date being married in the temple and having five children.
So glad we did this - I'll be ready next time! :)
I thought it was interesting that when he was asked what MY favorite candy is, he answered Ju-Ju Hearts or [fruit] Mentos (which I DO like, but it was not my official answer of Wild Berry Skittles). To which I wondered (out loud) If he thinks or knows those are my favorites, WHY did NONE of those make it into my "Junk Box" for my birthday a few weeks before?!? (?) (?) (?)
He also thought that my Least Favorite Household Chore was doing dishes. I guess he thought that since I never do them - he always does. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that he made a promise to always do the dishes like 15 years ago - and I wouldn't want to be the cause of him breaking his promise now, would I? :)
(My least favorite is really cleaning out the refrigerator. Bleahhh!)
He overestimated my goodness when he answered that my favorite magazine was The Ensign. How shallow I felt when it was revealed that I had written down People magazine. (woops!) (my "guilty pleasure" while standing in the grocery store check out line)
He also thinks that The Best Compliment I Have Ever Received is that I have nice, tan, shapely legs. Uummmmm.....has he seen me lately?!? Or does he not think I've had any compliments since that WAS true 25 years ago?
I had to laugh so hard when my answer to What Turns You Off? was told (SLACKER, narrow-minded, rude, egotistical people) and Matt replied, "Oh, so _________ turns you off?" {he inserted a real person's name that I won't put out there on this blog.} He thought I'd described that person to a "T" ~ hahaha.
So, excuse me while I go earn some brownie points with my man by buying him green clothes (his favorite color) or even better, green M & M's ;). I'm gonna make him Ribeye Steak & Sweet Potato Pie for dinner (his favorite meal) - better yet, let's just go to Ruth's Chris since they do it with perfection. Stock up his stash of Symphony [with toffee] bars (his favorite candy), do his weeding for him (his least favorite chore), walk around barefoot (his favorite physical feature on me), and let him watch Star Wars (his favorite movie) to his heart's content.
Also, I've got some studying to do, so I can get a more respectable score! :)
1 week ago


3 comments:
I think you need to post a link to this quiz for couples, I would like to try my hand at it with Steve.
I like this idea! I would think you would get at least 90% because you have such a fantastic memory, but I guess if Matt doesn't know the answers himself, it's kinda hard for you to know them! We are leaving to Cheyenne tonight- I'll have to find that for us to play! I'll get back to you about our scores...
Girls,
Just click on the "Road Trip Questionnaire" link (words in black) that I have in my post and you will be directed to it and can print it off, too!
Post a Comment