Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thanks Spanx!

What do I have in common with:
Gweneth Paltrow
Oprah
Tina Fey
Debra Messing
Jennifer Garner
Miley Cyrus
Julie Bowen
Rebecca romijn
Carrie Underwood
Jessica Alba
Julia Roberts
Marcia Cross
Valerie Bertinelli
Rachel Ray
Amanda Bynes
Vanessa Williams
Tyra Banks
Brooke shields
Ellen DeGeneres
Katie Couric
(and more)
?????????

We all wear Spanx.
{That may well be as close as the similarities ever come in regards to me & celebrities!}

Have you heard of Spanx?

Their founder/owner, Sara Blakely, just made it on the cover of Forbes magazine a couple of months ago because she is now a BILLIONAIRE? (At 41 she’s the youngest woman to join this year’s World’s Billionaires list without help from a husband or an inheritance.)

It's an "undergarment" that smooths out your (MY) lumps and bumps!

And I was so excited when my UPS man brought me my delivery.  
Just look at the packaging, it's enough to make you happy.  Isn't it?

Just wrap it up with red tissue paper and give me a "Thank You" note, 
and I'm singing the praises of Spanx before I ever even put them on my body!
 

I love one of their tag lines:  "We've got your butt covered!"

When asked by both The View hosts and Bonnie Hunt (on separate occasions) how she got her post-baby body back so quickly after giving birth to twins, Julie Bowen replied, “SPANX you very much! SPANX SPANX SPANX.”

How come no one is asking ME that question? -  almost 4 years after my last baby?!?  ;)

I'm not saying Spanx will make you a size 0 if you are far from that naturally.   All I know is that it got me into THIS dress when I couldn't before - and with a less string-of-sausage-chubs-look!  :)


Funny thing is -- I got that dress on a great clearance sale, 
so my "undergarments" cost more than my actual dress!

________________
Not a paid advertisement. I just love these Spanx, man. Over and out.

3 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Okay- now some questions that I've always wanted to ask but didn't know who to ask...

- Is it uncomfortable? Will I be able to breath? Eat? Will I breathe a sigh of relief when I take them off at the end of the day?

All of these will determine if it's worth it for me.

Suzanne said...

Heather -
Surprisingly it IS comfortable - if you get the right size (use their sizing charts) and I can breathe! I can feel it, but it's a "supportive" feel, not a restrictive/strangling feel. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sold. I have bought the cheaper generic brands but have not been able to breath. I like the idea of being able to breath!