THAT is the magic number.
THAT is the number of times we had to show our home before we got our first offer!
Yes, I said 76.
As in SEVENTY SIX!
Like 70 + 6
or 6 + 70
or 7 tens + 6 ones
or 6 ones + 7 tens
or one more than 75
or one less than 77
CAN YOU TELL I HAVE A 1ST GRADER? (And I've been overseeing/correcting 1st Grade Math homework a lot lately? That is, when I haven't been showing our home/preparing our home for a showing.)
Yep, we showed it 54 times the first time around we had it up For Sale, a 13 3/4 month period between Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011.
And then we showed it 23 times this time around since we've had it up For Sale over the last five weeks.
(We've continued to show it, even after the 1st offer, and will until it's a "done deal" - in case you're wondering why the numbers don't add up!)
If you're one of those people who sold their house to the first person who ever looked at it...you are my new worst enemy! Especially if you told me of "your experience" while I was in the middle of mine!
I've written a time or two about the "perils" of showing a house:
Who Ya Gonna Call?
My Punishment
A Simple Math Equation
Inspiration from Late Night T.V.
This is the Story of my Life
Here We Go Again
BUT, as a "consolation prize" for showing it 76 TIMES -- did I mention it was 76 times? -- we then got THREE OFFERS!
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS!
21 hours ago


4 comments:
So, have ou accepted an offer?
Wow! Congrats :)
Congrats!!!!
That's great news! Congratulations!
Post a Comment