Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Found out How Many Days it Takes to Build a House

FINALLY.....now that we've been in our home for 2 1/2 months....[OK it'll be 3 months in 3 days], I'm posting the final House Time Lapse.

{I'm real on-the-ball like that.}

In case you missed it:

Part 1 here
Part 2 here
Part 3 here

DAY 137
Paint started

Steps in the Garage

DAY 138
Stucco Prep

DAY 147
Final stucco
Driveway Beginnings
Hardwood Floors
Kitchen Cabinets
Laundry Room Counter
Purple Painted Walls in Haylee's Bedroom
Patio


DAY 152
Indoor Lights
A Toilet! ( in half bath)
Laundry Room Sink
Basement Bathroom Sink, Faucet, and Granite Counter Tops


DAY 161
Kitchen Appliances (some cabinet drawers/doors still missing)
Carpet
"Playhouse"
Finished Stairway (banisters, ballisters, carpet)
Mudroom Lockers


DAY 166
Front of House (with House Number, Walkway & Sidewalk...and my brother in the left corner!)
Fireplace


DAY 167
It's OFFICIAL - We Closed!  
(In all our no-shower-last week's make up-SWEATY glory from working non-stop to get out of the old home by 5:00 p.m. this day!
 
The house was OURS, but we weren't moved in yet.
Who knew our entire 2400 sq. ft. home could fit into our new garage?
(We weren't allowed in the house until it was recorded)
Guess what we did for the next several weeks?  ;)


So, there's the answer.
167 days to build a house.

And AT LEAST as many head aches!!! 


{although there were some little things that they still needed to take care of - so maybe it's not DONE?  I should still be counting?}

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Love it all, but I'm REALLY loving the mud lockers and the "playhouse". Can we come play? ;)

Anonymous said...

Love it and congrats! Just remember the scene from the movie "Incredibles" when she calls her husband after three years of moving to tell him she just unpacked the last box!!!