Friday, April 12, 2013

What Could've Been (or A Pity Party on a Friday Night)

Tonight we were SUPPOSE TO be getting on a plane to fly out to Cancun.


This was our "replacement vacation" for our failed Cruise attempt back in February.

Matt & I (no kids) had a week long reservation at an ADULTS ONLY All Inclusive Resort on the beach in Cancun, The Golden Parnassus.


We had a room booked with breathtaking views of Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean beyond.


We were going to eat to our heart's (tummy's?) content at any or all of the six restaurants at OUR resort and/or the ten restaurants at it's sister resort down the road.




We wanted to take advantage of the Spa part of the Resort, too.



BUT THEN THIS HAPPENED!!!

Which pretty much creates all kids of problems for a vacation like this.


 Matt can't even walk on his own, so....
I present to you Problem #1:

He can't bend his leg either.
Problem #2:

And he can't even get his knee wet.....
Problem #3:



{"They" say the Ocean's crashing waves against ruptured knees is also BAD = Problem #4}

And if he can't even drive a car, how is he going to manage any of these?
{Problem #5}

That "SUPPOSE TO" phrase I opened this post with, was the key word.  NEEDLESS TO SAY, we had to cancel our vacation.

{Boo hoo hoo.  Bwaaaahhhhhh!}

And, tonight, instead of flying to Paradise, I stayed home - on a Friday night - being crafty:
(Which would you rather be doing?) ;)


Imagine that:  TWO failed vacation attempts so far in 2013.
Don't you wish you had my "LUCK?"

2 comments:

momandpop said...

Must be a reason for these trials but I do like your Spring craft.

Cyber Ann said...

So glad that you told us about your blog tonight. I love it, except that you didn't make it on your vacation, yet. Now I hope that I never miss knowing how it's going at the Brenchley's.