He taught that in the midst of difficulty - and there was PLENTY on the mission (our message was rejected, cancelled baptism dates, unable to receive permission from parents/husbands/friends who were opposed to and would not grant permission to their loved ones being Baptized, investigators dropping us, foreign languages to learn, WEIRD food, "No Shows" for appointments & church, The cold/wet/humid/scorching weather...on a bike, companion relationships, etc. - sometimes ALL in the SAME day! Aauuugh!)
But, then, he said, there was ALWAYS something GOOD that could come out of it. Blessings were all around - even if we did not discover them until a WHILE after the desperate/unhappy/gloomy situations.
Soooo, in the middle of our Post- Ruptured Patellar Tendon life - and I say, "OUR" because it has totally affected our whole family...."Single parent" with one more "child" to care for, but only the same amount of [limited] time - and only ONE driver....
I found a SILVER LINING!
{compliments of our Orthopedic Dr.....I made the request, and a trip to the DMV, and voila!}
And what's better than having a handicapped parking pass?
Having TWO passes! (One for each car.)
Being a whole foot shorter than Matt, with much shorter legs, I've always had to move along, it seems, with a slow gallop to keep up with him. NOW.....I'm walking very S.L.O.W.L.Y. and I'm still in front of him. So, the shorter distance he has to "walk" (what do you call it when one move on crutches?) the better!
BUT! I will not abuse it. I have been in the car all by myself, and I pass the front, handicap parking stalls and find one further away, even though.....legally, technically, I could get away with it.
I've noticed others do park in those "reserved" spots EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE A HANDICAP PASS. And THEN WE have no where semi-close to park. I'm totally bugged by that. Don't do it! There ARE people who really need it!!!
And it's good for 3 MONTHS! SCORE. (Hope & Comfort among the challenges.) It makes my "Gratitude List."
--------------
On the same subject of "Silver Linings" - did you think I was going to write about the movie? I'm upset that Silver Linings Playbook is rated R. It sounds like a great idea for a movie.....that I won't be seeing. Hey! You movie making people! Why do you have to ruin all these movies with crap that brings them down to a disgusting & inappropriate rated R level? Don't do it!
(I guess it's "Opposite NIKE Day")


No comments:
Post a Comment