Monday, July 14, 2014

This Weekend:

*Friday Night was Katelyn's turn for her DATE with Mom & Dad!
She picked everything we did.
We went out to dinner at The Nacho House and
then went to Get Air trampoline park.



* Saturday was Farmington Festival Days!
We started by going to the breakfast in the park.
Still the best city "chuckwagon" style breakfast we've encountered:
French Toast on thick bread, with your choice of maple or vanilla syrup
Bacon AND sausage
Hashbrown patties
Cup of fruit (watermelon, canteloupe, grapes, blueberries)
Orange Juice
Milk
Chocolate Milk

*After that the girls and I like to browse the booths.
There's always this "bag" booth that has some cute stuff,
but this year we actually made our purchase at 
a maxi skirt booth - the girls each got one - very darling!

*We went to the parade.
The other people beat us to putting out chairs and roping off sections,
(It's getting earlier & earlier every year!  Aaugh!) so we were only partially shaded.
 As always, GOOD "candy" (not taffy) was given/thrown out including:  sliced watermelon
from Harmon's grocery, otter pops, gobstoppers, Reeses PB cups, Mrs. Cavanaugh's
Mindy Mints, balls, fans, water bottles, smarties, skittles, etc. etc.

*We came home in the middle of the day to COOL off!
I read a bit & cleaned a bit.
Matt got the garden weed-free.
Katelyn went to the movie with her cousin.
Then we decided we "needed" some Costa Vida for supper.
I first tried to call in the order, but they didn't answer, so Matt just drove over.
After a little while, I tried to call again, and was able to order.  Great!  Matt won't have to stand in line.
I texted Matt, I called it in, it's under 'Suzanne'
4 minutes went by and I didn't hear from him, so I texted again, 
Did you get my message?  No need to stand in line, it's ready for pickup at the checkout counter.
And then 1 minute later, he called me.  He hadn't gotten my text.  He'd ordered on his own and was driving home with our food.
Ooops!  My called-in order was still there waiting...
(I tried calling back, but no answer.  I called again, and they guy who finally answered couldn't hear me even though I repeated myself 3 times.  Oh well....)

*We returned to the park for the music performances (singers/bands)
as we sat on our camp chairs in the shade.
 The girls spent time on the playground, too.

*While there, we got word that Ryan & Kyle had returned home from their 
4-day high adventure camp to the Wind Rivers (13 mile/way backpacking trip) with the 14-18 yr. old scouts!!
(I've never really worried about the boys going on scout camps before, but THIS TIME I did a bit.
Ryan has his mission call.  He has to go on his mission!  Please don't let him get lost, or sick, or hurt, or worse! 

*They cleaned themselves up and met us just in time for the fireworks to start.
(And Yes! It was a respectable showing, so it help in satisfying my craving.)
But, I'll tell ya - the crowd for that is growing every year, too - not so small town anymore?

*On Sunday, Matt & I were able to go to the Missionary homecoming church service
of the West Virginia Charleston Mission president & his wife who just returned.
Fun Fact: He also used to be Matt's Bishop & Stake President.  In fact, he was the
Stake President who interviewed Matt & I when we were to be married.
(Ryan will obviously have the new mission president when he is out there in a couple months, but we wanted to attend to see if there was anything we could learn.)
We learned there will be:
Squirral gravy
Windy, curvy roads
Missionary-minded local members of the church who make it their life to help the missionaries.
Miracles following a missionary's faith

*Went to our own church, too.
I taught a combo of this lesson and this lesson to my Young Women class.
And I couldn't get through this [true] story without crying.
(Try as I might.  Geez.)

*I cooked a whole chicken (with various seasonings) in the crock pot for dinner.
It was "Haylee approved" - that's always a very GOOD THING.

*I made chocolate chip cookies for Sunday night treat.

*Ryan had a girl FRIEND (two separate words) come over to watch 
the replay of the World Cup final game with us...because she LOVES soccer and missed it during church, too. 
(We hadn't watched it live, nor had we spoken to anyone to find out the results.)

*I worked on my Personal Progress program - I am SO SO close to completing it 
as a Young Woman Leader! (I already did it the first time as a young woman back in the 80's)

1 comment:

momandpop said...

Love it! Love those unique kids!