THEN:
{9/9/94}
NOW:
{9/9/14}
We've been married 20 years!
*And we haven't changed at all in the past 20 years, have we?!?*
We finally made it to The Anniversary Inn for the first time, after 20 years!
They spoiled us with warm cookies, bottled water, cheesecake, & sparkling cider in our room - and delivered breakfast the following morning...because let's face it, 20 years is cause to celebrate!
Do you notice I keep mentioning, "20 Years"??
20 Years is kind of a BIG DEAL!
I used to think 20 years was such a long time - but it hasn't really seemed that long!
(Or am I just in denial?.....because when someone has, in fact, been married 20 years, it means they're not exactly a "young pup" anymore!!) ;)
It just so happened, that our missionary son, Ryan, was flying out to the mission field
THIS morning, and he was allowed to call us from the airport,
so as we were nestled all snug in our bed in The Palace Suite,
the phone rang at 6:50 a.m.!
But, I didn't mind, it was GREAT to talk to him.
(I just couldn't fall back to sleep very easily afterwards.)
THAT was such a huge, important decision to make 20 years ago - it kind of freaks me out
when I consider how young people make that decision (only in their 20's!) - but, for me, it was a RIGHT & WONDERFUL one. I am so blessed & glad that I did!
Happy [20th] Anniversary, Matt!
XOXOX




1 comment:
Congratulations on a milestone - 20 years!
Post a Comment