* Friday, Matt & I went to the Bountiful vs. Viewmont High School football game.
I'm a BHS alumni, and Matt's a VHS alumni (MAJOR RIVALS back in our day!!!)
....and our kids go to VHS (I know! SOOO embarrassing!)...
...so WHICH TEAM should we cheer for? And WHICH SIDE should we sit on?
Well that's easy! I gotta go with the BRAVES! And I DID wear [the mighty] Red & Gray! ;)
Actually, our nephew plays on the Bountiful team, and we don't have ANY
relatives playing for the Vikings, so it was a NO BRAINER! (For me, at least!)
We ended up in the middle of the Braves fans - on the Bountiful side, even though it was played at Viewmont.
(AND the Braves got the victory!!!) :)
* We went to Sonic Drive-In - a brand new one was built in our community! - afterwards for one of their gazillion flavors of slush.
I think we lucked out and only got two [completely unnecessary] phone calls from home during our "date" - maybe three...?
*Saturday, Matt, Katelyn, Brookelle, & I went to the Ogden temple open house.
(Everyone else in our family had already had a chance to go with others.)
It just so happens that my cousin & family were volunteering there at that time!
His daughter & wife were some of the ones putting the shoe cover slippers on the guests' feet before we entered.
All during the walk-through, the girls kept admiring all the PRETTY THINGS they saw everywhere!
They brought up several questions - which I was thrilled with! It created a special opportunity to talk & teach about the sacredness of temples.
See HERE for explanations.
We went to the visitor's tent afterwards, too. They were especially enthralled with the nail marks in Christ's hands & feet and the pierce mark from the spear in his side.
* I had to go out to my work in SLC for a quick meeting, so Matt drove me there, then we
found a restaurant that was nearby - and had a coupon in the Happenings book - to eat at.
If you don't mind flies flying all around you, average food, and waiting a REALLY long
time to get your check, you should give it a try, also! ;) haha.
* We went to Temple Square in Salt Lake to the Paul Cardall concert.
{Matt REALLY likes his piano music - and I do, too.}
He played a few piano pieces, then would get up and speak, then play again.
He told interesting stories, jokes, & bore testimony - it was a good mix.
* It was Fast Sunday this week (due to our Stake Conference next week on the usual 1st Sunday) so
our Maddox turkey steak dinner (& sides) seemed REALLY yummy.
We also let them have slush AFTER they ate real food.
* I made cinnamon rolls since it'd been a while, and Brookelle was sad that
she had missed them at school on the day she was absent
when we all took Ryan to the MTC.
I think we got like 3 dozen out of the recipe, so we started taking the excess around
to our home teaching & visiting teaching families. (Since it WAS the last day of the month anyway! haha!)
* Monday was the holiday, so we went out for our traditional Labor Day breakfast
at Sill's Cafe for their famous frisbee-sized scones and hash browns with S.O.S. Yum!
{Unless you're a Celiac, like Haylee, and she has a plate full of bacon & eggs.}
* I had to work during the day, so Kyle convinced Matt & the other kids
to go up in the Farmington mountains for a hiking Encore.
{It's SO sad I had to work! ;0 NOT. haha!}
This time, they went on the "Hell Hole" trail.
* We went over to the Brenchley's for a BBQ and cousin play time.
* Late at night, I finished putting together a package for our missionary, then dropped it off
on our neighbor's porch - to be delivered tomorrow.
It's really convenient that he runs an [approved & licensed] Same-Day MTC delivery business -
AND he gives a "ward discount."
* Late at night, I finished putting together a package for our missionary, then dropped it off
on our neighbor's porch - to be delivered tomorrow.
It's really convenient that he runs an [approved & licensed] Same-Day MTC delivery business -
AND he gives a "ward discount."







1 comment:
Hey, I didn't get any cinnamon rolls! :)
Post a Comment