I looked in all the usual places.....THREE TIMES.
We tried calling it, but could never hear it. Did that mean it was at home, but on silent? OR that it was someplace else?
I tried to remember the last place I remember having it, and it was yesterday....but Brookelle had also dragged my purse around the volleyball court last night and rummaged through it looking for candy - had it fallen out then?
Matt looked at the time of the last text I had sent him, and it was yesterday, while I was at the girls' tumbling class....but I was pretty sure I brought it out of there with me.
So, I went about my day WITHOUT a phone and no one could get a hold of me if I was away. Matt had to actually call our home land line to talk to me, and leave a message with one of our kids if I wasn't home. Just like the good 'ol days!!
I tried calling the tumbling gym a few times, but it always went to voice mail - and their mailbox was FULL, of course!
Matt offered to stop by there on his way home just to see - he'd had ENOUGH of me living in the "dark ages!" ;)
So, he goes in and tells the lady at the front desk that his wife might have left her cell phone here yesterday, and did they pick it up?
She doesn't answer him either way, but asks suspiciously, "Can you describe it?" AS IF he were trying to pull one over on her, or something.
He replied, "Ya, it's got cracks all over it!"
{Which describes it to a "T"}
After which she quickly produced my phone and handed it over.
Really?!? ONLY the true owner would even care one bit about having THIS phone....even if it was laying out in plain sight, as thief bait, it probably wouldn't get taken!



1 comment:
Funny, funny! Glad you found it??
Post a Comment