Saturday, December 6, 2014

Celebrate 100

All of our elementary school kids through the years have always made a big "to do" on The 100th Day of School.

Everything they do that day revolves around the number 100.

* Math problems that equal 100.
* Counting to 100.
* Bringing 100 of some object to show the class what 100 looks like.  (When Ryan was in kindergarten, he took 100 Happy Meal toys....with instructions from me to give them to all his classmates!  No joke - we had that many.  How embarrassing!  It's when Matt was working at Hertz, and those toys were left in cars, unclaimed, All. The. Time.  The sad thing was, even after I had him gather up 100.....we still had some junkin' up the playroom!)
* Doing a word search where the only word to search for was, "hundred" like a hundred times.
* Drawing pictures of what you will look like when you are a 100 years old.
* Finding as many words as you can from the word, "Hundred."  (like "red" & "run")
* Making lists of 100 something or other.
Etc., etc.....you get the point.

SOOOO, taking inspiration from all THAT, we did our own recognition of and celebrating for The 100th Day of Ryan's Elder Brenchley's Mission.  Which happened to be December 4th.

We made him a "100" list: "The Top 100 Things we Love About You" and then folded it up, put it in a big [decorated] manila envelope, and sent it to him.


You can't see much of them, but there are things like:
  • You have a big heart
  • You bring high energy to your interactions with others
  • You show interest in the things we do
  • You give up your chair for others
  • Playfulness
  • Blue eyes
  • Values & morals
  • Enthusiasm
  • Loyalty
  • Your middle name (it's "Matthew" - guess who put that one?  haha!)

At first, I thought 100 was A LOT (too many?), but once I got writing, I was on a roll!  I got to #78 all by myself, then I figured I better let the rest of the family finish up the last of the list.  :)

Here's to 100 more days.....

And then 100 more...

And 100 more....

And 100....

Then throw in 100 + 100 + 30 more days!

No comments: