Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Old Girlfriends

I have a group of girlfriends who have been going out to lunch together consistently for many years - maybe 7-ish+ years?  We go out for all our birthdays, or in "someone needs cheering up" circumstances, or because some eating establishment is having a "freebie" deal.  Do we really need an excuse?  But, regrettable (and unacceptably), we don't have any photos of these occasions!

Well, most recently, we went to a restaurant for one of our friend's July birthdays and we got seated close by another table full of elderly ladies who caught my attention.  (As always, that's the observant, people-watcher in me!)
 
{Note: not the actual group, but very similar to this.}

I turned to my own group of ladies whom I was with, motioned my head in their direction, and said, "Look!  That will be us in 30 years!"

We all smiled, and chuckled, and stared at them for a moment. (I hope they didn't notice and think we were rude....ah, who am I kidding?  They were too involved with each other, gabbing away, having a delightful time!)

We all said, "I hope so!"  
At least none of them informed me, "Uh, Suzanne....that is a mirror!"  ;) haha.   

No comments: