I guess that's what happened this month??!?
While all the guys (idk, maybe there were girls, too?) were doing "No-Shave November," I did my own version of "No."
It was not purposeful. It's never happened thus far since the inception of this blog in August 2008!
What was I doing, you ask?!?
It's called, "Mandatory Volunteering." How's that for an oxymoron?
Otherwise known as, "Volun-told."
Katelyn was in a play, "Bye Bye Birdie," that was performed November 18-21.
So, towards the end, it got really intense. (Like it always does with plays).
It meant she had rehearsal EVERY day except Sunday the whole month.
Which meant that I had to drive her to and from all of those.
AND which meant that, as a parent, it was required that I put in so many hours (about 20) of volunteer time. (They hold our $75.00 deposit over our head to ensure our compliance).
I'll be honest, during some of the rehearsals I was at, I thought: This is utter chaos! How is a real show going to come out of this?!?
But, it all came together (like it always does!) and was really quite GOOD and delightful!
The play was the MAIN occupier of November, but here's the short version of the breakdown of my month:
1st weekend: Scrapbooking weekend
2nd weekend: Annual Park City Shopping weekend
3rd week: Bye Bye Birdie performances x 5 (AND a Cub Scout Carnival that my group was in charge of putting on!)
4th week: Thanksgiving in St. George
No wonder it ended up "NO-POST NOVEMBER!" ;)
Maybe I'll make it a "tradition!" ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment