Monday, November 23, 2009

Thoughts about My Weekend

It was my Annual Girls' Park City Shopping Trip this past weekend.
I didn't even take my camera, so I've got no photos to share - only thoughts:



  1. You SOOO don't have to pay full price for anything! In fact 60-80% off is very possible.


  2. It is SOOO much easier shopping without a baby (like I did last year) but we're thinking about bringing our strollers in the future just to hold all the "stuff!"

3. Chocolate dipped Mint Oreos are SOOO good!

4. You must try on bras. Last time, I just got measured & bought without trying on. It SOOO didn't fit! This time, I got measured and tried on - and then ended up buying a different size than was recommended to me!

5. I think I'm the only one in the universe who didn't have this on their mind...
6. I need to remember that the Arby's in Park City has Diet Dr. Pepper!!

7. There IS such a thing as "Retail Therapy."

8. I have a 12 year old girl on my Christmas shopping list. So, I went to Justice for the first time in my life. Can I just say that I was SOOO out of my element while in there? I DID NOT know what to get. 0 to 8 year old girls - easy peasy! Tweens - I'm just not cool enough!!

9. When the Landmark Inn says that "breakfast is included," it is NOT false advertising. Some other hotels try to get away with that marketing line when all they throw out is toast, danishes, & coffee. Not these guys. The stay is worth it just for their breakfast. Bacon, sausage, ham, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, eggs w/ cheese, ham, & vegetables, fresh fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, juices, Hot Chocolate, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls, PLUS what those other hotels serve for their "breakfast."


10. I don't believe in decorating for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving is over (and don't get me started on it happening around Halloween time!) In fact, I have a real problem with it. I really feel sorry for Thanksgiving - it always gets the shaft. But, I found such a delightful Gingerbread House luminary to buy, that I'm almost tempted to break my "Before Thanksgiving" Rule.

But I will resist!



11. And, last but not least, Friday night was our Stake's Youth Culminating event.
They were putting on the Production of Cumorah's Hill.

I had planned to drive down from Park City to see Ryan in it and then drive back up.
As the time to go came closer, however, I just DID NOT feel like driving all that way back down. Alone. In the dark. It would mean I would miss going out to dinner with all my girlfriends and an extra couple of hours of shopping, which I felt kind of bad about. I started to rationalize that I didn't need to really go - since I was "out of town" and all. And, anyway, the performances were originally scheduled for Wed. & Thurs. evenings, so there were no conflicts when we planned our shopping trip. I couldn't control that the date was changed! And on & on my thoughts went....
But, I did drive down and see the performance.
And IT. WAS. WONDERFUL.
Like really, really wonderful!
I was SOOO glad that I went! (And I heard that the performance I went to was by far the better one!) I felt the spirit so powerfully - I asked Ryan if they (the performers) could feel it as much as we (the audience) did. He said they felt it MORE! I was uplifted & my testimony strengthened. It was reconfirmed to me that the Book of Mormon is TRUE. I knew that my Heavenly Father loves me - and also loves all those incredible youth who had taught us that evening (& had dedicated a great amount of time over the past several months in preparation.) I felt like Moroni in the last book of the Book of Mormon,
"I will not [cannot] deny the Christ."
And to think that I was toying with the idea of not going. How many times does that happen? I just don't feel like doing something, but if I do, I am richly blessed! And because of that, I think it's safe to say that Satan didn't want me to go! ;) And that's why I get these doubts & wavering feelings.

Driving back up to Park City afterwards didn't even seem bad at all!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ah that sounds like the pefect weekend...... good for you!

Melissa S. said...

Girls?!? Who did you go with!!!! YOU forget your camera? Unheard of.

Kitty said...

Hey, this is your cousin, Val...I'm so glad you got a girls' weekend, but I absolutely loved the Hill Cumorah Pagaent when our stake did it when I was 21 or so.. My little bro Ben and Sis, Tiffany? were in it, and it was fabulous!! It is a big spiritual point in my life too. SO glad you went home for it!1 Love reading your blog!1