Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Semiconscious Summer

Summer's over??? Really?!? When did that happen? It's pretty much been a blur for me! I warned my children that this summer was going to be a very different summer since we were starting it out by having a BRAND NEW BABY! Usually our summer is filled with activities like getting a season pass to some local swimming pool/water park, going on field trips, to the park, to summer movies, attending community events/parades/fairs/plays, running the Farmington Festival Days 5K/10K, going to the Library's special guest appearances, and most recently flying around on JetBlue, etc, etc, etc....NOT THIS SUMMER!

I can't really remember when the days turned to night and then to day again, let alone what went on this summer, but I found some pictures to remind me....

OH YEAH! I was holding the baby...


Nursing the baby...


Changing the baby...


And putting the baby to sleep... (and myself apparently!)


REPEAT...REPEAT...REPEAT...

As for the kids...

Ryan had to play hand-held Yahtzee

Kyle had to draw

Haylee had to "pretend" she was swimming & "practice" anywhere she could

Katelyn took all opportunities to splash & get wet in the bathroom sink since she wasn't at the pool

And then she would change her clothes a couple times a day for entertainment (& because the other ones were WET!)

And we actually opened some ROOK cards that have been sitting in our game closet for a LOOONG time (there was a coupon in the deck that expired in 1998) and used them!

And, as you can see, the kids messed around with the camera taking random pictures, as well!

All I can say is It's a GOOD THING the Olympics were on to give everyone some excitement for a couple of weeks!
But, seriously, I must thank my sisters, Beeb & Michelle for letting my kids come stay & play for several days. And my Visiting Teacher, too, invited them over to hang out and even fed them lunch - they were in heaven! Plus, my friend, Shawnette did take them once a week to the movie or her "home theatre" or to the park. So, thanks for doing all that, so the summer wasn't a TOTAL FLOP! :)

Where did it go? I'm still in shock - I missed it!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You are funny! Time spent together is time well spent. Right?

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Wow, your kids are sooo big! My goodness! They're cuties though!

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, thanks for the emial. I love this whole blog world. Congrats on the baby. Tom will love that he can spy on Kyle! Glad to see that everybody looks happy and healthy. I will become a frequent stalker!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you can organize a blog with a new baby. What a SuperMom! It seems like the first 6 months with a baby are a blur.

Heidi said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that goes in to seclusion. My seclusion just has seemed to last a loooong time. I think I was just starting to get better and then got pregnant, oh well someday you'll see me outside again.

Brett and Marianne said...

You are such a good story teller! I love reading your blog!