Sunday, December 14, 2008

I must speak a Foreign Language!

If I were to say, "Get in the car," what would you think that meant? Is it extremely hard to interpret? Is it so easily misunderstood? Could it have several different meanings?

For example, would you think it meant:


"Go play football in the driveway?" *
"Start a snowball fight?"
"Run over to the neighbor's house to play?"
"Talk to the kids you see outside?"
"Shovel the walks?"
"Get pop out of the fridge in the garage & hide while you drink it?"
"Lay down in the back cargo area of the Suburban & don't answer when called?"
"Keep reading your book inside?"
"Stay in your bedroom doing who knows what?"
"Get your scooter out then leave it RIGHT behind the car to get run over?"
"It's time to go get 'lost' in the bathroom...for a while?"
"Call someone on the phone?"
"Shoot some hoops?"
"Torture your brother & sister on the front lawn?"

* Family's interpretations have NOT been changed!


OR...Would you think it meant, "GET IN THE CAR?" (What a novel idea!!)


OK. Thank you. The end.

11 comments:

Gus n' Jamie said...

Suz, you make me laugh every time I read your blog! thanks for the entertainment.

Heidi said...

I think I speak the same language!

Brett and Marianne said...

Your kids do it, too!

Anonymous said...

when you crack the code, let us all know!

Tracy Beckett said...

I love to read your blog, Suz! You are hilarious and so much fun. What a beautiful family you have. Miss you, my dear cousin!

Kristen said...

I feel your pain and frustration!

Julie said...

I think we're all in this one together...... Let me know if you figure it out!

k8shoe said...

Love your blog....it's exactly how it is for all of us!

Adrianne said...

hey, my kids do the same thing! It's very frusurating, but when you have figured it out.....PLEASE let me know!

Siri said...

Funny!! I'm not alone!!

val said...

Hilarious! I love the examples... esp. hiding and drinking a pop.. Was that my daughter??!!