Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We interrupt this busy life for....

You'll NEVER believe it!!! I, the last person on earth who hasn't joined the "Twilight Frenzy," attempted to go see the Twilight movie! I say, "attempted" because AS we were standing in line for tickets, the box office gal put the "sold out" sticker on our movie time! Oh well, what d'ya do? I don't know what I'm missing out on (so I've been told) anyway! I did find it a tad bit surprising that even after 5 weeks in theatres, it's still selling out, BUT AGAIN, I know NOTHING! But, then when you take into consideration that just among the group I was with (my Sisters-in-Law & Mother-in-law) it was going to be the 2nd time seeing it for three of them and the 3rd time seeing it for one of them. Then I guess I can start to understand the deal with it selling out - it's mostly repeat customers (and a single ignorant one like myself!)

So, I will say that this experience drummed up just enough curiosity that I decided to open my copy of Twilight that I got for my birthday 3 1/2 months ago. (AND the fact that a couple of people have taken me aside and chided me for NOT YET partaking of Ryan's gift and the negative effects that could have on him - Oh the guilt!) Well, on the first day, I read one page! It was actually the PREFACE and it didn't even take up the whole page. The next day, I got to page 22. On the third day, I finally finished the 1st chapter. So, as you can see, I'm making great time! Y'all were done with 1+ BOOKS in this amount of time!
I am told I should have time now, since Ryan, Haylee & Katelyn are all away staying at cousins' houses. And, as of 10:00 this morning, Kyle is STILL asleep and Miss "B" is down for a nap! BUT, (ya gotta know that's coming!) We were seriously GONE every day for this last week and EVERYTHING has gone to pot! That neglect was very, very bad on my household! The laundry...oh, the laundry - but I can't even get into my Laundry room and concentrate on working since it's been overtaken by every one's snow boots, pants, gloves & coats! (We've found out that they don't dry out in a cold, drafty garage!) Then, there's the general "disaster" state of most rooms in my home. The clutter, clutter, clutter! Aaugh!



Not to mention we're out of milk & bread, the bills & checkbook are sure to be in disarray, and we probably have overdue library books after this kind of inattention! My new 2009 calendar is still blank and I don't know how I'm supposed to breathe without my life written in it. I hope the mail man doesn't return all our mail due to the box not being emptied! Plus, I've got a brand new church calling that I need to sit down and figure out....and I haven't blogged for about a couple of weeks (that was my aversion to starting this whole thing, remember?)...yadda, yadda, yadda...

So, do I have a major problem if I can't "ignore" all that stuff that is screaming at me (it's seriously screaming!) and sit down and read the world's favorite book?

5 comments:

Nic@Nite said...

Yea, just keep letting it all go and read the dang book!

Dan said...

The book is good, but not good enough to stress this much about. Just remember there is a season for everything. You will get you time to read twilight. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck with primary...you will LOVE it.

I haven't read Twilight and I am not so sure that I will.

val said...

So, I too haven't read Twilight.. just couldn't make the time for it. But, this week, Koriann, Debbie, Kally, my Mom and I went and saw it.. (5th time for some of them..1st time for my Mom and I) It was great! I do want to read them now, but still don't know when I will squeeze that one it!

So, what is your primary calling? The end/beginning of the year is so crazy getting everything organized!!!

The Page's said...

I still have yet to go to see Twilight, with kindergarten and preschool there is now time to go. Maybe we can have a movie at my house when it finally comes out on DVD.

I still say books on CD are the way to go, not only do I get my housework done, but I also have painted, ripped up carpet and replaced all the baseboards in my home while listening to some awesome books. The bright side is that Kevin can't even tell I have read a book because the house is not a disaster:)