Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cause & Effect

She's picked up on it!

(Sorry, the video's kinda long, but I don't know how to shorten it.) BTW, it's Ryan's voice, not Suzanne's - I know it's hard to distinguish - poor kid! :)

This brought to my mind a "Parenting Pearl" taught in Love and Logic:

"Kids and dogs. Believe it or not, at age nine months children surpass the family dog in intelligence. In fact, they are old enough to learn the same things we teach our dog - that is, follow the commands 'come, sit, go, no, stay.' We call this 'Basic German Shepherd.'

Basic German Shepherd must be learned by the time the child is eighteen months old. It is the foundation of all discipline. If we can't make a two-year-old obey basic commands, the next sixteen years of that child's life and ours will be pure torture."

WISH ME LUCK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how dark her hair is!

momandpop said...

Oh, how fun! Brookelle's smarts tickled my funny bone. She is a sweetheart.

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

What a cutie! Maybe I need one of those toys around here...how long did it keep her occupied??? I wonder if my teens would sit and do that, too...that would be cool.

Cheryl said...

brookelle is so cute! we have to get luke some toys, he was pushing around a diaper the other day like it was a toy car, making noises too. how did he know to do that? i guess it's a boy thing, they come like that.