Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Madness or March Miracle?

I'm calling it the "Miracle."

Ryan was up on his own early (6:30am - how lovely) all during the week practicing the piano so that he would have a sufficient number of days to earn T.V. watching privileges over the weekend. (defined as after dinner on Fri.)

Saturday jobs were done BY 10:00am, so the T.V. could be turned on by the first game.

There was a SIGNIFICANT reduction in sassing, disrespect, arguing, complaining, back talking, whining/crying to parents because as everyone knows, those are never allowed. And the only reason you would do that is if you had a "lapse" (due to your brain going numb from watching too much basketball.) And the only logical solution would be to have you watch LESS basketball by taking away one game at a time, of course, so your brain could recuperate!

I'm very much enjoying having this much leverage over my boy's positive behavior! This motivator causes MIRACLES!

But, the greatest miracle of all would've been if all our Utah teams could've won their first game!! :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I saw Ryan out shootin' hoops when I was on my run yesterday. He definitely has basketball on his mind and in his actions.

Anonymous said...

More power to ya!