I was sad for my kids when I was reminded of some of these...BUT, then I was consoled by the fact that most kids won't know anything like this, but my kids WILL know about some of these SINCE I STILL USE THEM!! (Man, I'm really out of it!)
Like:
- I still have a VCR - and I use it to record a show if I can't watch it LIVE!
- Matt mostly has the cassette tapes still hanging around (he cannot part with them, even though he has the same group and/or songs on CD!) And we still have a few personal stereos in our home, too.
- I have a single Betamax tape, too. It has a roadshow I was in recorded on it - anyone know how I preserve this now. Or better yet, how it can even be viewed now?
- My clock radio by my bed still has a tuning dial, so as I turn it - YES, I can hear static between stations.
- I have to watch T.V. when the networks say I should - and it's never a convenient time - so maybe that contributes to my lack of T.V. watching, too!
- We have a joystick for some games to play on the T.V. and/or computer.
- We still have a stack of phone books & yellow pages.
- We even get a few magazines in the mail (made from dead trees)
- We manually unlock our '96 Camry car door.
- I prefer writing checks (I can keep track of our account balance better.)
- We look out the window on long car drives - OR talk to one another. (what a novel idea!)
- I always check out books from the library (and that's the only thing I use the library for.)
- So, tell me the difference between "nerd" and "geek." (I still think they have the same meaning.)
And y'all probably think I am one due to my above list! :)


4 comments:
I would have close to the same list you have...!!!
even I don't know what a betamax tape is!!!!
Jamie -
It's a video tape that was A LOT less popular than the VHS ones, so it eventually disappeared. But, my family had a Beta VCR for a while! :)
I thought I loved you...now I KNOW I love you!
p.s.- I always get weird looks when I pull out my checkbook to write a check. Sometimes the cashier looks like they don't know what to do with it!
Post a Comment