Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crossing a Few More Off the Top 100...

A while ago I referenced this website, StoodThere.com, where the Top 100 greatest places to stand in the U.S. are listed. Well, I was able to knock off 5 more just during my 5-day New York City vacation to add to my previous [unimpressive] number that took 39 years to achieve - that was a 30% increase to my current total! (Now if only I could accomplish everything in such big proportions!)

GROUND ZERO



As if the 50 miles of walking we did every day wasn't enough, we went running in Central Park one morning!
{Well, maybe that WAS a good idea, considering we were consuming 50X the recommended daily calories, also!}
CENTRAL PARKI'm NOT lying about those calories... This was at the Brooklyn Diner, but...
MY favorite sweet treat had to be the 5th Avenue Pie (made w/ chunks of the 5th Avenue candy bar) from Carnegie Deli - Mmmmmm!! Sorry, no photo! (It was devoured before I could be inconvenienced by pushing the camera button!)


STATUE OF LIBERTY


EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
This was the view from our hotel window.
We almost considered that good enough as far as seeing it - BUT, Matt's always wanted to actually go up there ever since he saw King Kong as a boy! So, it's good we did.
We caught it lit up in red, white, & blue on Labor Day!


TIMES SQUARE

Now only 78 more places to go...

2 comments:

Dan said...

That's awesome! I need to make a trip to NYC.

Heidi said...

How fun! That's our next vacation.