2 1/2 years in the planning....
Months of anticipation.....
7 days of a TRUE vacation!!!
It finally came.
Before our Alaska Cruise was even through 2 1/2 years ago, we made plans to go on our next cruise -- somewhere
WARM this time. And that's how our Mexican Riviera Cruise idea was born.
Warning: I think this may take the record of the most photos in a single post.....But here's my own version of the
"Top Ten." (In no particular order)10. Time with Matt




9. Our ABBA impersonation
One night there was an activity called, "Love Boat Legends." We didn't really know what it was, but decided to attend anyway. Turns out, Princess Cruise line (the ship we were on) is the ship in the good ol' TV show "Love Boat" (thus the "Love Boat" part). Apparently, they have had many musical "guests" make appearances on their ship (thus the "Legends" part).
The Catch is....the members of the audience become the stars of this show!
Our group of 4 was approached by one of the Cruise Director staff asking us to be in a foursome. They didn't really give us a choice of whether or not we'd do it, just a choice of which foursome to do: The Beatles, The Monkeys, or ABBA.
They took us downstairs and dressed us in costumes, complete with wigs, sequins, & head bands. When they put the wig on Brett - we lost it LAUGHING!!
As in, I-was-at-risk-for-peeing-my-pants-LAUGHING!! (Crossing my legs and all!)
Matt's laugh went up at least 3 octaves, my stomach was hurting, and Steph was crying....all the while Brett kept a perfectly straight face, which made it even more FUNNY! And then they announced the performance by ABBA...and we had to run up the stairs, on stage, and sing, "Dancing Queen!"


8. FriendsBrett & Stephanie
Jeremy & Gina
Our Motto: What happens on the Cruise, stays on the Cruise!
(And now, I'm posting a gazillion snippets of evidence! hahaha!)




7. Food
Also, on the menu: escargot, frog legs (only Brett was brave [READ: insane] enough to try 'em), caviar, & sushi, to name a few!

An all-you-care-to-eat Ice Cream shop poolside.

On
the very night we took a photo of our Lobster dinner, we went to a Comedian for our nightly
entertainment, who did a whole number on those "Wackos" who take pictures of their food!!
Too Funny!
And, miraculously, I only gained 1 pound -- and Matt gained 4! Finally, some justice! :)
6. Musical "Men"You've heard of the game "Musical Chairs." This is the same concept, except all the ladies are walking to the music in a circle around the men. When the music stops, you grab a man!

I was in the game for a while...I was lucky enough to be able to grab Matt most of the rounds. The announcer would tell the ladies to give the man a 'peck on the check' before starting the music again. When I had Matt, we took the liberty of giving more than a 'peck,' and the people around us, who didn't know who we were....well, they were surprised! :)
But, see that turf looking flooring on the deck? It was wet...and the combination of walking around in a circle fast, high heels, and a rocking ship...well, I went DOWN -
Big Time! (And consequently got out!)

But, Matt was one of the last ones standing - just look at those ladies fighting for him when the music stopped! :) So sad for
them -- he's
MINE! :)
That lady on the ground WOULD NOT LET GO of Matt's leg!

Ironically, the prize for "the winners" (
Steph & Matt) was a bottle of champagne. Why couldn't it have been something good &
useful like chocolate or shipboard credit?
Steph & Brett won some more champagne later on in the cruise when they played "The Marriage Game."They just found people to offer it to - who all
gladly received it! ;)
5. "Wildlife"How many Iguanas can you find?

Flamingos & Swans (Mazatlan)

Pelicans at "Pelican Rock" (
Cabo)

Sea Lions (
Cabo)

Not Pictured: whales, monkeys, tarantulas, & pythons.
4. Life of Leisure
If you look hard, you can see me. I'm on the lower deck, on the left side, wearing an orange shirt.

Line Dancing

This picture is kind of deceiving -- Matt
really only got through 20 pages of his book the whole week, but we
tried to read! :)
3. This Car

You can't tell we're tourists, now, can you?!? :) One car filming the other car as we drive. Sticking your camera out the window for pictures!

This "taxi" we took was a cross between a Golf Cart & a Jeep.
There is some fierce competition between the taxi drivers! Apparently, another taxi driver thought that our group's taxi driver "stole his customers" and he came after the other car in our group! He pulled up beside them on the road, was yelling, and attempted to run them off the road!

What a blast!
2. Sun & Beach


1. Zip Lining in the Rain Forest (Puerto Vallarta)
We zipped from tree to tree on a total of 14 cables.
The longest cable was 400 meters long.
The zip lines, affectionately called, "Banana Split," "Speedy Gonzalez," and "The Big Enchilada" are designed to gradually take us higher and faster.
You travel at speeds of up to 30 mph, and find yourself gliding over a dramatic river gorge.
Until the final cable shoots you over the river rapids.
And what way to make it more authentic but to be raining that day - the only day it rained all week. As in POURING DOWN rain! (during their "dry" season, nonetheless!) My clothes were completely soaked!

Which made for slippery-er, faster cables!
And for a lot of MUD!
One of the guides rode "tandem" with me once, so I could go backwards and upside-down...
(watch for my red jacket coming in)
I think I'm suffering from Post-Vacation-Return-to-Reality-Traumatic-SHOCK-Syndrome!!! :(
Y'all missed out! When I invite you next time....you REALLY ought to come!!!
15 comments:
Still sniffling that we weren't there with you..... oh it looked like fun.......
That looks like so much fun! I'll have to start working on convincing Aaron now. :)
I know jealousy isn't a good thing, but that's exactly what I'm feeling right now! It looks like you guys had a blast! I'll start saving money for the next trip... :D
That comment was from me, not Kennedy. Sorry! Such is life when you share a computer with a teenager...she's always signed into everything!
Looks like so much fun! JEALOUS! We missed you scrapbooking!
What an absolute blast I had with you honey!! I was in paradise! When can we do it again? We will be reminiscing about "Dancing Queen" for years to come. Thanks to my lovely wife Suzanne, the Sears, and the Knudsens for all the "bust-a-gut" memories(both eating and laughing)!
Can we rewind your vacation and we will come with you? It looks like you guys had SO much fun. I love the mud on your face in the last picture. Also, I was wondering if any women kissed Matt on the cheek in the Musical Men game? I can totally relate to the difficulty in getting back to reality. Vacation is heaven! Glad you had fun!
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! It looks like you all went all out! (as it should be).
I think it's AWESOME you went w/ friends. It would DEFINITELY be more fun. That ABBA bit is HILARIOUS!!!!! and the swinging through the jungle Jane/Tarzan style is sooooo cool. I can't believe you were upside down with that guy! Seriously, incredible.
(PS- YOU are the OAMC queen. Hello. That particular website isn't where I got my recipes. So I wouldn't go there for them! I'm sure you have your jackpot of ones that you should really pass on to me! I know what you mean though, sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about it, every other day or so.)
Looks like a blast! Glad you guys had so much fun. We did the zip lines in Mexico, what a thrill!
Suz--did you go on the Sapphire Princess? We went on the Mexican Riviera Jan 16 and had a BLAST! Loved it so much. Anyway, it was fun to see your pictures. Funny--John & I did the Alaska cruise 2 years ago. We are addicted to cruises...Looks like you had a ball! Welcome back to the real world, eh?
Yes, Tracy! We WERE on the Sapphire Princess! How did you know? That's so funny that we were just off by 2 weeks. When are you planning your next cruise? :)
One word ... JEALOUS!! Darren and I have been on TWO Caribbean cruises. We just LOVE cruising to warm places. You've convinced me to cruise Mexico next! So glad you had such a great time!
How fun! Glad you had such a blast! I went on a cruise once, it was for work and besides my one coworker, the rest of the group were strangers. I'm excited to go on another one someday, with Chris and family/friends!
What a FABULOUS trip! I love seeing all of your pictures :)
Post a Comment