Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Couple of Things still Left Hangin' around Haunting me after the Trip....

Do you ever have a hard time deciding what to do about something.....
So, as a result, you do NOTHING?
For a long time.
Just leave it alone.
Just don't do anything about what you should be doing something about?

OK - so maybe it's just ME with problems?
But, that's been ME the last 10 days since I got home from vacation.
Here's the FIRST THING:



I made an order with one of my favorite places to shop Clearance online, Lands' End, for stuff to go on our cruise. It was great because their summer clothing and swim suits that are technically "off-season" were on clearance and was just perfect for what I could take to Mexico with me! Well, according to their shipping schedule, my package should've been delivered either the Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before I departed for my cruise on Saturday.

Well......You guessed it! Me and Murphy. It didn't make it! I even saw the UPS guy driving around my neighborhood on that Friday morning and I pleaded out loud, to no one in particular, to let him come to my home! No such luck!

Instead, I packed my plain, old stuff to take and I came home to this package sitting on my rocking chair in my bedroom. And that's where it's remained ever since.

As in remained. Untouched. Unopened. It's contents un-looked at, un-tried on, completely ignored!

Who doesn't open a package when it's delivered? ME!


What was I suppose to do with it now?

I mean, a lot of good it does me now!

Should I just write, "Return to Sender" on the package without ever opening it? Can I even do that?

Should I keep it all anyway for my next cruise in 2 1/2 years? It won't be very neat, then.

Should I just use it this summer! Maybe it won't even fit me this summer.

Why couldn't didn't I even open it?

What does this mean?

1) That I'm in the "denial" stage of the grieving process at the loss of a cute, new wardrobe for my cruise?

2) That I'm thinking it will just mysteriously take care of itself - maybe self-destruct, and it'll be like this never happened? Although, I have some children who could help with the destruct part if I don't move it out a reach, SOON!

3) Am I afraid that maybe the items won't fit me - and that would be depressing!

4) I'm just too tired to take care of it this week?

5) Do I believe that my lack of sleep since returning home will seriously impair my ability to make a wise decision on the matter?

6) Am I trying to figure out if I can use the "return reason" of "Didn't arrive in time" and get all my money back, including shipping. (Always thinking about saving money!)

Well, whatever it was....TODAY, 10 days later, I finally decided to open it!


And I think it swayed my decision to keep most of it....so much for saving money!!

But I'm not sure about the shoes...What d'ya think? It seems like I could only wear them with pants that are a lighter color than them -- or else they will really stand out all dorky-like? And right now, I'm wearing dark pants...

Here's the OTHER THING:


It's my favorite buy from Mexico. I found many stores with all kinds of fun dishes - and for some reason, I'm attracted to dishes. I played the bartering game from shop to shop and got this $25 bowl for $10!

It was wrapped in newspaper, taped, and put in a bag. I packed it in the middle of my suitcase, surrounded by all my [plain, old] clothes, thinking that would offer sufficient "padding." How wrong I was! I mean, come on, I work for an airline! I should KNOW that fragile things should be carried on! (But, I checked all my bags, because I CAN, for free - only carried on my purse.)

So, my broken bowl sits on my kitchen counter. Super glue doesn't work, I already tried it.

I really just ought to throw it away. What good is it now?

But the spoiled-child voice in me is screaming out, "BUT, I WAAANT IT!"

Do I think it's gonna just magically come all back together again one night? After a visit from some elves? Am I deranged enough to think I could "turn back time" (like Cher) and make these two things not happen the way they did?!

No, I don't really think that - I just wish....Which is kind of STUPID since:

a) NOT having my new "cruise clothes" DID NOT end up ruining my cruise - I still had a wonderful time!

b) AND, I'm sure all my blogging buddies out there could probably recommend some place locally that I could buy another great bowl. In the meantime, Matt put it on top of our cupboards as "decoration" so we can retain the "sentimental value" of it.

But, I have a request: if any of you go to Mexico, yourselves, could you bring me one back?! Pretty please?! In your carry-on luggage, of course! :)

8 comments:

Heidi said...

First I think the shoes are cute and would go with jeans and lots of things.
Second you could just break up the rest of your bowl and glue all of the pieces on to a table top or something.
Third my whole house is evidence of me just leaving things places because I don't know what to do with them. You can really see that now with the kitchen since we don't have any blinds or curtains.

momandpop said...

I really like the shoes. Too bad they aren't my size.

Melissa S. said...

Seriously, just GO BACK TO MEXICO and get yourself your own bowl. That'll solve EVERYTHING! :)
I like the shoes. You could wear them w/ anything, I'm thinking......shoes are supposed to stand out right now (I guess.....or so people tell me, I'm not really that "in")
But hey, look at it this way, at least you have new clothes to help you get over the I-just-got-back-from-vacation slump. :)

Anonymous said...

That just all sucks, the package coming late, the broken bowl, but not the shoes. Keep em. I am a sucker for those type of bowls too and mexican vanilla. Did you bring you home some good vanilla?

Suzanne said...

I DID get some Mexican vanilla - and it was in a plastic-ish bottle, so it made it home fine! ;) Did you know they have clear Mexican vanilla, too? In case you're making something light- colored? I didn't know!

Nic@Nite said...

Keep the shoes! Maybe we should have a girls trip to Mexico and go dish shopping. New clothes will help the vacation withdrawal, for sure!

~Pam said...

I have some white vanilla from Mexico. It is a bit stronger so go easy on it.
And, I like the shoes...

momandpop said...

To fix pottery you use Elmers glue