Friday, March 5, 2010

My Celebrity Look-a-like

I got told the other day that I reminded someone of Bonnie Hunt.

She didn't know if it was my looks or my personality/mannerisms.

Either way -- I was flattered!

I loved Bonnie Hunt in Beethoven. (Oh, but that SURE seals the deal on me never wanting a dog!)

I loved her in Return to Me. (Which reminds me - I think I'm in the mood to watch that again!)

I loved her in Cheaper by the Dozen. (I could really take some "Mom" lessons from her. She did not have my problem, and she had twice [at least] as many reasons to YELL! Instead, she'd calmly say things like, "I'd really appreciate it if you kids left this house & each other in one piece while I'm gone." For some reason, that just doesn't work at my home.)

And she also has a pretty good Talk Show on T.V. right now! (Too bad I don't catch it enough.)

Anyway, I'd never been told that before. I wondered if the resemblance was really there.
I wanted to see just how true it was. I remembered a website that will scan your face and then bring up some different celebrities that you look like. I wondered if I did it, would Bonnie Hunt come up as a match?

So I did it.

No match.

Instead....


#1 Look-a-Like: Britney Spears (78%) One word: YUCK!

#2: Charlotte Church (72%) She's a Welsh singer/songwriter/actress/television presenter. It must've been the chubby cheeks that got me the "high score" with her. :)

#3: Gareth Gates (71%) A guy? I look like a guy? Whom I don't even know. (He's an English Singer, appearing in Les Miserables right now on the International 25th Anniversary World Tour)

#4: Sania Mirza (66%) She's an Indian tennis player. Interestingly enough, we always say my daughters turn into "Indians" in the summer (they get SO tan) - I've been asked by others what nationality their father is, but it turns out, those tendencies come from me!

#5: Alizee (66%) A French Singer. With just a one-word name. The "Madonna" of France?

#6: Emma Watson (64%) You'll die when I say I didn't know who she was...so I looked her up. Turns out she's a British actress who just happens to play one of the starring roles, Hermione, in the Harry Potter movies - and has earned more than 10 million pound sterling doing it!

#7: Geena Davis (64%) I'll try not to let the fact that she's 14 years older than I am bother me! The fact that she's an American actress (1 of the 2 celebs from this list I even knew), a former fashion model AND a women's Olympics archery team semi-finalist should cancel out the age issue, right?!? ;)

#8: Dannii Minogue (63%) She's an Australian singer/actress.

And guess who #9 was? (But not pictured in the above 8-photo maximum collage)

Charles Barkley. At a 63% resemblance factor. What? I'm a 47 year old Black man? Did it have more to do with his agressive and outspoken demeanor, who was frequently involved in on- and off- the court fights and sometimes stirred national controversy? Or is it all about his nickname, "The Round Mound of Rebound" for his "unusual build?"

Anyway...I'm not so sure this was a confidence boost - although 7 of the top 8 are younger than I am, all born between 1971 - 1990! Yea! (Or is it my full face that hides any wrinkles - and age?)

But, what about me and Bonnie?


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Bonnie's pretty...but you're prettier.

Bonnie's funny...but you got her beat there, too.

Melissa S. said...

Bonnie Hunt all the way! you LOOK AND ACT like her. It's because she's so funny.

Trever and Heather said...

One of my top matches was Barbara Walters, talk about making me humble about my "beauty"