Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Size DOES Matter

I'm so delighted with a new purchase we just made.
Bathroom towels.
And not just any bathroom towels...
Thick, cushy, big-enough-to-cover-your-whole-body-when-you-wrap-it-around-you bathroom towels.
(Anyone else have experience with trying to "wrap" a towel around, and everything from the armpits down is exposed in the front? "Around," to me, means all the way around, not just the back side!)

Just look at the difference from where we came to now!

I will say that I'd bought our previous towels from a catalog and had no idea what they were really like until they arrived.
Such a disappointment. Look how FLAT that towel is! Pathetic is what it is! Completely UN-inviting, UN-exciting, UN-comforting. VOID of any I-can't-wait-to-take-a-shower provoking feelings AT ALL!
All bathroom towels are NOT created equal! I guess the term, "Bath Towel" is vague, with A LOT of room for variation!
Definitely something that must be purchased in person...so it can be seen, touch, and tried on for size!
But, we went about using them for a while -- too long -- until we got around to buying some replacements.
The new ones.....Oh, they feel so good. It's so noticeable! (It should be since it's 4X the size!) So soft - reminds me of a comforter, or thick cotton padding, or a luxury resort spa at home, or a pillow top.

A "pillow top" bathroom towel -- who knew?!?
I'm in "Bathroom Towel Heaven" when I step out of the shower now.
And it completely covers me! BONUS!
There's no going back now for me.
******
What "indulgence" (life's simple pleasures) is so worth it to you, that you insist on having it?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

1000 Thread count sheets...worth every penny. I never knew there was such a thing until Oprah talked about them. SOLD!!!

Kristen said...

I love new towels, too. Just last year I finally invested in some replacement towels for the ones we got as original wedding gifts. After 16 years of use, they were flat and no longer soft.

Glad your new towels have the coverage you're looking for. That's important! :D

Melissa S. said...

I've actually been LOOKING for huge towels like that. I have one....and it's mine, no one else can even look at it, but I HATE washing it because then it's gone. Please tell me where you got your's!!!

Julie said...

And where did you get these new amazing towels? I want some!

Dan said...

I "indulge" in many things. Most of which are in the food department. I must have the big fancy chocolate chips, Log Cabin syrup, and Heinz ketchup. My parents ruined me. :)

Suzanne said...

Melissa & Julie,
The towels actually came from Costco - and there's a coupon for them good through another week or so! I went back a 2nd time and got some more! ;)