Monday, May 9, 2011

Problem Child

Haylee had drawn this picture of our family on the back of a Mother's Day card she gave me yesterday.....

While admiring her artwork, I was going through the "checklist"
Dad
Mom
Ryan
Kyle
Haylee
Katelyn
Brookelle

But I couldn't account for the one extra "person" labeled with an "S" over the top of it.

My first thought was that she was being facetious and adding an extra child to our Brood (wishful thinking on her part!)

But then I noticed that this additional figure was ALL RED and had a POINTED TAIL....and then the "S" label clicked with me.

I gasped. "Do you think Satan is a part of our family???" I half choked, half wailed out.

The smug look on her face answered my question.

NO THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. He has been a part of our family for some time, I guess that makes us related now!

Mom of 12 said...

That is so funny! If I told that story to my son-in-law, I think he would gladly take on that role in our family. I guess he visits all of us on a regular basis...
Sandy
www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com