We were discussing different pronunciations and we were going around asking people how they say certain words... Me: "Brookelle, what do you say? Pee-CAHN or Pee-CAN?" Brookelle: "For what?" Me: "Like when you're talking about the nut." Brookelle: "I don't talk about nuts!" 12/17
{Backstory} In college, I used to date a guy who was missing his pointer finger on one hand. My kids can never remember his real name, but they can remember this "fun fact" about him, so when they're referring to him, they just hold up their hand while bending 1 finger down and say, "this guy." {Present day} At dinner one day, just 4 weeks before Kyle left on his mission, we were talking about missionary mail.... Ryan: "Kyle, so how many of these 'girl friends' do you think are actually going to even write you on your mission?" Kyle: "I dunno!" Ryan: "Don't count on any of them lasting the whole mission." Me: "My boyfriend flat out told me [as a scare tactic] if I went on a mission, that he couldn't promise to write me the whole time. I told him that if he didn't write me, it'd for sure not work out - and I went anyway, and he didn't write faithfully!" Haylee: [holding up her hand up in the missing-finger-boyfriend sign] "Was it this guy???" Me: "Yep." Brookelle: "Maybe THAT'S why he didn't like to write!" [while she pretended to type with 9 fingers] {Everyone laughing} Brookelle: "What?" Me: "email didn't even exist back then - we used pen & paper!" Brookelle: [confused look] 11/17
Brookelle wanted me to play the "Would You Rather..." game with her on a road trip: Me: "Would you rather not take a bath for an entire week or not brush your teeth for an entire week?" Brookelle: "Hmmm...that's a hard one." Me: "Yep, because you'd either have a dirty and stinky body, or you'd have dirty and stinky teeth/mouth." Brookelle: "Okay, I've decided. I would rather not brush my teeth for a week!" Me: "And have bad breath?!?" Brookelle: "I'm gonna use breath mints!" 04/16 (While kissing my husband) Katelyn: "Mom, I have a question...are you ever scared that dad's nose is going to poke you in the eye?" 12/15
1 comment:
I wish you all the best! You can do it!!
Post a Comment