Friday, June 14, 2013

School's Out for Summer!

So, WHY do I feel like it's kicking my butt?
Like everyone in this house is on vacation, but ME?












WHO came up with the phrase, "Lazy Days of Summer"???

After just one week, my car drives itself to Cherry Hill, Ryan's place of employment for the summer - that I have to take him to and pick him up from practically every day!

It's true.  Yesterday, I was [supposedly] taking Kyle to pick up the newspapers he delivers once a week, when he finally asks me, "Where are we going?"  I came to, and realized I was about 5 blocks past the turn off for the newspapers.  To his question, I answered, "Cherry Hill.  This car KNOWS the way now."   And then I turned around and got him to the right place.  ;)

We started out the week with only two baseball games on our calendar -- which eventually turned into A GAME EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, with possibly TWO tonight!  And the boys have both been umpiring at the ball park a few nights this week.
{ALL of which need a ride from ME!}

Kyle made this observation about our "What's for Dinner?" chart:

"So, pretty much -- this planned menu sign is meaningless?!?"

(Since we haven't been around at dinnertime to ever have a real dinner!)















AND.....Here's a question:

WHY is it so freakin' hard for *some people* to pick up the otter pop wrappers and throw them in the garbage can?

It's not.  It's NOT!  It REALLY isn't people!  It's so easy!!  I don't get it!!!


AND...my excuse very good reason for not having a garden in the past was because we did not have enough yard for one.  Well, NOW we do.
As Ryan's "family project" for his Family Life merit badge, our family cleared away a plot of land in our [otherwise unfinished, weed fest] yard and made a garden.  The "project" only required 4 hrs. of work, and that was accomplished two months ago, so he's less than enthusiastic about doing anything with it anymore...

But, I'm out there every day.....always something to do!  I'm sweatin' up a storm in the morning, or getting eaten by bugs in the evening.
Our corn, pumpkins, watermelon, and cantaloupe are coming up!
The onions, green onions, and tomatoes ARE NOT!
Like NO SIGN of them (not that us lame-o's would even know what the plant was suppose to look like!)....and it's been enough time to sprout.....so I think we must've made some ROOKIE mistakes 

Planted the seeds too deep?  Too many seeds too close together?  Too much water?  Not enough water?  Too many people stepping on them?  Too many weeds?  Bad seeds?  Too many rocks in the soil? (DEFINITELY in these parts!)  


I got me a nice, lobster-red chest - a combination of it being our1st time out this year, faulty sunscreen(?) and a new swimsuit whose designer did not have my size in mind when manufacturing it - from taking the kids to Seven Peaks water park one day.  And it DID turn into a whole day once we drive to & from.

I am even down one child since I drove Haylee out to my sister's for a few days of "cousin play" but I still feel like I am not having a relaxing summer, yet.

Maybe next week?

That's when I'm going to start my summer exercise/training schedule, too.  ;)

I

No comments: