This way, I can see and read it again and again - like EVERY TIME I walk into the bathroom. While I'm brushing my teeth. While I'm washing my hands. While I'm putting in my contacts.......No wait, let's be honest - I can't see, let alone read, ANYTHING real if my contacts aren't in. Soooo, every other time besides then, it's a good reminder!
Here's my latest:
"There is no substitute for love."
It's taken from President Thomas S. Monson's talk titled, "Come, All Ye Sons of God"
(http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/come-all-ye-sons-of-god?lang=eng)
This one hit me because I have my children and my Young Women (12-18 yr. old girls at church, who I feel like are numbered among my children) on my mind SO MUCH - particularly while listening to the words of our church leaders. There HAS TO BE love. They need to know I love them. Even - and especially - for the ones who make me super, uber frustrated sometimes!!!
I checked this book out from the library to give my more inspiration on the subject:
The other ones that have "made the mirror" so far are:
"...A still voice of perfect mildness..."
This one is taken from Sister Rosemary M. Wixom's talk (General Primary President) titled, "The Words We Speak"
(http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-words-we-speak?lang=eng)
It is also a quote from scripture, Helaman 5: 30.
I don't need to holler around the house like a maniac when I'm trying to find someone. I could, like, actually get up and go to another floor or walk down the hall and speak to that person NORMALLY and calmly!!
I can learn from that voice from heaven - it gave firm direction while giving hope. It was not loud, scolding, or demeaning. This is SO hard! Even 3+ years after I first wrote on this blog about it, I don't have it perfected! I AM practicing at it though - and I've found that when I speak even quieter than my "normal" voice, my husband ALWAYS says, "What?" Uh Oh, he can't even tell what I said - his hearing is going! But, my vision is going - SO WE MAKE A GREAT [disabled] PAIR! ;)
Here's another one:
"Recognize the good in others, not their stains....always build on his or her virtues."
This was taken from Richard G. Scott's talk titled, "For Peace at Home"
(http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/for-peace-at-home?lang=eng)
This may be very beneficial to the "Love" one above. It could lower my disappointment in others and prevent me from becoming upset or discouraged about others and what they are doing with their Free Agency! This one is hard, too - it's against my natural tendencies (and the part of me that is "Realistic"!)
Because I erase the previous one when I write down a new one, I wanted to record them here! :)
But, I am thankful for the EASE of which we have to listen to the words of God. It's right there on my iPad in the comfort of my own bathroom - with just a few touches! So great!
But, I am thankful for the EASE of which we have to listen to the words of God. It's right there on my iPad in the comfort of my own bathroom - with just a few touches! So great!



1 comment:
I had no idea you could dry-erase a mirror. Note taken.
Loved the quotes.
What did you think about the book? Any good?
Post a Comment