Yes. She is a girl. As in female. But, by NO MEANS is she "girly." In fact, she is turned off by all girlyness.
(although, like all three of my daughters, she DID go through a "dresses only" wearing stage around age 3.)
She still can not believe she wore them.
But I've got proof! ;)
But that was THEN, this is NOW:
She STILL has never worn the pink jeans I gave her as a Christmas gift last year.
She NEVER wants to get her ears pierced.
She hopes she remains relatively {ahem} "flat."
I know she is like this. But this latest thing she did really left me shaking my head, dumbfounded.
One thing she for sure is decided about is that she doesn't like to wear make up! In fact, she has REFUSED - even for her dance recitals when it was strongly recommended by her teacher.
Case in point:
And this was taken in the darkened auditorium....BUT the stage lights really wash the color out of their faces even more.
Here's one where you can see the comparison to her sister, who is 2 1/2 years younger, and is pleased to wear it, but not Haylee.
But that was like 4 years ago - she quit dance, too - it wasn't worth the fight.....AGAIN, it was too "girly".....she had to wear tights and stuff!!
So, most recently.....like yesterday, Haylee had decided she wanted to dress up like a "Hobo" for Halloween. She was asking me what we would need to pull this costume together. I told her we could put brown make up on her face to make her look dirty.
"WHAT?!?" she shrieked.
"Yeah, they have dirty faces. It's just dressing up - a disguise - it's not who you REALLY are." I tried to reason. (Tried being the operative word there.)
"NO WAY!!" she protested.
"Then you won't even look like a Hobo," I informed her.
"Why can't I just put REAL dirt on my face?" she challenged back.
{huh?} Me, silent, mouth open, trying to make sense of that.
"I can get some dirt right in our back yard!" she pleaded her case.
"So, you would rather rub your face in DIRT than wear make up?" I inquired.
"HECK YEAH!" she grinned.
{WHATEVER!!!}
So, that's exactly what she did. She went and got dirt out of our still-flowerless-flower beds and applied it onto her face!
Complete with a little {real} dirt clod stuck to the side of her nose there.
AND....she just didn't "quite feel like" changing back into her regular clothes after the Halloween parade that she had taken to school .....so she just spent the rest of the school day in her very holey hobo jeans!!
I guess the "suitable" jeans she had packed were too "girly" after she got a taste of the grungy...?!?






1 comment:
That is funny..........dirt over make-up. Wonder if or when she will change......hope she doesn't. That's so original........and I hope your flowerpots made it okay
Post a Comment