And, as such, she got an exciting visit from her new Young Women's Leader, welcoming her. She'll be entering the Beehive class now!!! (She couldn't be more pleased - especially since she gets to go to mutual [weekly youth activity] tonight!)
One of the things that she received from her leader during that visit was her own necklace that has the Young Women's motto and logo on the pendant, "Stand For Truth and Righteousness."
{You may have noticed olympic medalist, Noelle Pikus-Pace wearing her own Young Women torch necklace on the medal stand this past winter olympics.}
Haylee immediately put it on after the leader left our home.
It's like a TRUE SIGN that she is an official Young Woman!
Then I told her that I had received the same necklace when I was a Young Woman!
And then I thought.....
In fact, I THINK I still have mine! I informed her.
And I went to search for it.
Found it!
But, I had to laugh at the difference.....on a petite, 65 lb., li'l 12 year old girl......
.....it looks like a LONG necklace.
And on a [more mature] lady who is.....well.....MUCH GREATER than 65 lbs. AND a foot taller....
....it's like a CHOKER!
{Time to buy a longer chain}
I guess that's a TRUE SIGN that I'm the opposite of a Young Woman! : (




No comments:
Post a Comment