Especially some that are floating around the internet these days....and it's like a little punch in the gut knowing I have no use for it/can't buy it:
{Oh! Those thunder thighs! Just tell me you don't want to squeeze!}
SECOND, I walk by the nursery at church.....and I keep on walking. After all those years of dropping off and picking up AND stopping to peek in the window "just to check" on my child, now I don't - and never will again. There's NO REASON to look in through the window anymore. But, sometimes I do just because........well, I have no idea WHY?!? It's weird. I'm not part of THAT club anymore.
THIRD, it was the realization that I no longer need to shop in the infant & toddler section of the stores - I just pass right on by. What?!? I've been browsing that department for the last 19 years! And I almost can't stand it. PLEASE! Invite me to your baby showers, so I can go back!!
But, FINALLY, the strangest thing of all - the thing that REALLY hit me - was when my daughters brought home that demographic/contact info/profile thing-a-ma-jig-er form that we HAVE TO FILL OUT LIKE THREE TIMES A SCHOOL YEAR, and there's a section on that form where we are suppose to list all preschool age & younger children living in our home (so they can plan for future student body numbers). I have ALWAYS written names here. But, now there are NONE. NADA. For the first time EVER - in the 75 forms I've filled out during the years - I left those lines BLANK.
Yep. I'M IN UNCHARTERED TERRITORY! (for me)








No comments:
Post a Comment