He got me the Twilight book. (As in the first book, not the one that just came out!) I know that's ancient history to most of you, but I haven't read any of them yet!
It all started when he learned that his friend, Kennedy Gregson's, Mom reads them and then he heard/saw all the buzz about it on the news when the latest one was released this summer and then he starts to find out that everyone has read them. Thanks a lot, guys, for raising the "standard of coolness" in his eyes! Of course, he became interested and started asking me questions that I just cannot answer because I don't know anything about it! Aaah, the pressure!!! How embarrassing for him to have a Mom who is not doing what everyone else is doing - he can't understand it! He's been asking me when I am going to read them - and I don't commit to anything....I say I don't know when or if I even will. So, he took matters into his own hands...if I'm not going to "help myself," he will do it for me. I realized that he bought me the book in a desparate effort to try to make me cool. (Thus, the laughing out loud) He even said to me, "Promise me you'll start reading it tonight?!" Yah, right...
It's been a week now, and I still haven't done it. It's all your fault - I've heard your stories about how you stop answering your phone, you ignore your kids, you don't shower, fix meals, work, sleep or go anywhere, etc...and it scares me! But, it actually sounds just like my life since baby arrived on the scene 3 1/2 months ago, so how would it affect me?
Although, I am going to Las Vegas this week with only Matt & Brookelle, so I might have a chance to open a book! :)


12 comments:
Don't worry, I haven't read them either!!!
Ryan makes me laugh. He is such a fun kid. If you like the first and want to continue reading, I have the other 3 books you can borrow.
You know I have never read them either, let me know if they are worth all the hype
I just found your blog. Funny how we can live next to each other and hardly see each other for so long. I especially like your quotes from your kids on the side of your blog and your family pictures :)
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't read them either, for the same reason... Not that I'm any kind of standard for being "cool" or anything.
That's cute that Ryan wanted you to read them. But really, you should. I'm going to the midnight showing of the movie in November, and I'm SO excited!
Just do it!
OK, Suz, reading them will be a super-awesome break from reality! It's just the coming back to reality that's a little shocking...kids do the NAUGHTIEST things when their mother is sitting RIGHT THERE on the couch but she is TOTALLY oblivious to anything...but it is definitely worth the escape...
Hi cousin! I feel like I know you well again, just from reading your blog! Oh, and you are like, a professional blogger...you're very good with words and make it exciting to read your blog! You should write a book! Hope you don't mind that I found you!
Oh, and as for the Twilight books...loved them! But I didn't love all the other things I ignored in my life, so I still haven't read number 4, but I made my daughter tell me what happens! I REALLY shouldn't have done that...
Happy Birthdy! I hope you started reading while on your trip!
What a cute son you have! I haven't read them either, but I feel like I'm missing out on something. I totally agree with being 'scared' to start because of the commitment of time to read them all cuz they're so good! Let me know if I need to join the party or not!
you'll love them, i read all three when i was pregnant, not sure when i'll get to #4. so hurry and catch up! :)
Post a Comment